Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: handcyclei

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    It looks like one of the newer frames that goes back farther than the previous model frame.
    yup. I don't know why FreedomRyder doesn't update their site to show off the new frame and tout the 7000-series aluminum. I could not believe how light it was when I took it out of the box. (first thing I did was remove the portion of the decal that indicated its Taiwanese manufacture) FRH's are beautiful, and I believe the front end is built in the USA. All the welds on the entire bike are second to none, probably just outsourced the rear frame to keep the consumer price low.

What city in Alabama? I may be able to help locate someone to let you try one out. Don't worry about your shoulders. Mine hurt before I started handcycling/wc racing...I started pushing a race chair in 2007. Started handcycling in 2008. I lost over 40 pounds, and my mobility has imporoved greatly. My shoulders dont give me problems anymore, and transferring is a piece of cake now.

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    I won't be able to try one out before buying. Where I live no one has anything like this....I live in a very rural town in Alabama so when i do get one i will have to purchase it and then try it. I already have problems with my shoulders hurting that is why im worried that a h/c will do more harm.

my spelling still sucks though

Quote Originally Posted by jheath View Post
    What city in Alabama? I may be able to help locate someone to let you try one out. Don't worry about your shoulders. Mine hurt before I started handcycling/wc racing...I started pushing a race chair in 2007. Started handcycling in 2008. I lost over 40 pounds, and my mobility has imporoved greatly. My shoulders dont give me problems anymore, and transferring is a piece of cake now.

hold on ill pm you