Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New to U.S.

  1. #1

    New to U.S.

    Hi, I have a little issue. Is it legal for a caregiving agency to charge you a fee if you are away and are not using the service? I am unsure if there are laws for caregiving services and if it is different from state to state. I am in Ohio.

    I will be out of town for a week due to medical reasons and will not need this agency's service for a week. They said they still have to charge me at least part of what I would pay if I was not gone that week. This has never happened and I am confused with whether this is right.


  2. #2
    Super Moderator Sue Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Wisconsin USA
    If private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid pay for this agency call and ask them. If not, check your contract with them. If you do not have a contract I would call your state's insurance commisioner (google or look in the blue pages of a phone book) and ask. This sounds like something I would not pay for since you are giving them advance notice.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    yes, i live in ny nursing home. u are allowed 10 nights a year to be out of a nursing home. if more than 10 days they charge u for every day after that or u loose ur room.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts