Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Stephen, did you ever sit in this chair with seat upholstery? I am curious what height difference one should expect to figure if going from upholstery to a solid seat, where one will sit higher with the solid seat. In other words, if one were to consider a new chair and wanted to go with a solid seat, should they spec the chair, say, 0.5" lower in front and rear seat heights?
    That is the minimal you have to lower your frame, if you are going to buy another tilite where you only can choice between .5" to 1" i would go for 1" lower,

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That is the minimal you have to lower your frame, if you are going to buy another tilite where you only can choice between .5" to 1" i would go for 1" lower,
    Thanks totoL1. It is a balancing act, getting low enough, but not too low that my feet don't have clearance.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

For 17" wide i would go for the 3/16"
    And for sanity, he should go with 0.125 aluminum and spend that nontrivial price difference on booze and hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    And for sanity, he should go with 0.125 aluminum and spend that nontrivial price difference on booze and hookers.
    im up for that and dont forget $10 cigars

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    im up for that and dont forget $10 cigars
    And lobster.

That's money well spent in comparison to carbon fiber. :-)

Thanks totoL1. It is a balancing act, getting low enough, but not too low that my feet don't have clearance.
    Don`t worry about your feet, they will go up too, your distance between FSH and footplate will change too.

Don`t worry about your feet, they will go up too, your distance between FSH and footplate will change too.
    I realize this, sorry I wasn't clearer in what I meant here. I want to keep the RSH as low as I can without adding too much dump, that is the balancing act, enough FSH height yet as low as possible RSH. Being on the taller side I find this a challenge, unless I am missing something in the equation. I have thought of going with 25" rear wheels but have read it isn't the best route for quads.

I realize this, sorry I wasn't clearer in what I meant here. I want to keep the RSH as low as I can without adding too much dump, that is the balancing act, enough FSH height yet as low as possible RSH. Being on the taller side I find this a challenge, unless I am missing something in the equation. I have thought of going with 25" rear wheels but have read it isn't the best route for quads.
    If you choice for example 16" RSH will be the same with 24" or 25" wheels, you will have 16", so the size of wheels don`t worry, or maybe you are only speaking about the frame tubing?
    Remember the option of ergo seat with much dump, your posture will improve.
    Some frame like this with the red line could work with the solid seat pan( in two pieces of course)

If you choice for example 16" RSH will be the same with 24" or 25" wheels, you will have 16", so the size of wheels don`t worry, or maybe you are only speaking about the frame tubing?
    Remember the option of ergo seat with much dump, your posture will improve.
    Some frame like this with the red line could work with the solid seat pan( in two pieces of course)
    I understand this as well, my thoughts on the 25" wheels is simply that the tires (handrims) would be 0.5" closer, so to speak; hopefully I am making sense.

Sitting with my hands down to the sides of my chair, the tips of my middle fingers just clears the edge of the tops of the hubs; I'd prefer to be a tad lower, but that would entail more dump, and I am already needing more height in the front, which is adding dump.

I am aware of the ergo, but two things, 1) this will not work for all cushions, and 2) you don't hear many people on here claiming the same as you, "your posture will improve". Makes one wonder.

I understand this as well, my thoughts on the 25" wheels is simply that the tires (handrims) would be 0.5" closer, so to speak; hopefully I am making sense.

Sitting with my hands down to the sides of my chair, the tips of my middle fingers just clears the edge of the tops of the hubs; I'd prefer to be a tad lower, but that would entail more dump, and I am already needing more height in the front, which is adding dump.

I am aware of the ergo, but two things, 1) this will not work for all cushions, and 2) you don't hear many people on here claiming the same as you, "your posture will improve". Makes one wonder.
    Remember you can move your cog if you are going for more dump.
    How many of CC members have ergo seat? so not much people could speak about them here, you will not have any problem with your Roho.
    Was just a tip, do what you want.
    BTW with the ergo seat the chair will be less tippy because you are putting less weight to the backrest.