Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    And they make more money with a thicker plate.

Been riding just fine on 0.05.
    how much do you weigh radio if you dont mind me asking

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    I think he weighs about 10 ounces, but it's all solid muscle.

Stephen, did you ever sit in this chair with seat upholstery? I am curious what height difference one should expect to figure if going from upholstery to a solid seat, where one will sit higher with the solid seat. In other words, if one were to consider a new chair and wanted to go with a solid seat, should they spec the chair, say, 0.5" lower in front and rear seat heights?

In my chair, which has tension adjustable seat straps, under my chair the seat is against the bar under the seat, and we have the straps pulled tight.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

About the same as Stephen. 155, 160.

I have a a 16 by 18 carbon fiber plate. Can you use that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Stephen, did you ever sit in this chair with seat upholstery? I am curious what height difference one should expect to figure if going from upholstery to a solid seat, where one will sit higher with the solid seat. In other words, if one were to consider a new chair and wanted to go with a solid seat, should they spec the chair, say, 0.5" lower in front and rear seat heights?

In my chair, which has tension adjustable seat straps, under my chair the seat is against the bar under the seat, and we have the straps pulled tight.
    Half an inch to an inch given the fact that you are been maintaining your tension adjustability. Could be more if you're not religious about regular tension adjustment.

I would bet that, in your case, there wouldn't be any hardware adjustment from the new height.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    About the same as Stephen. 155, 160.

I have a a 16 by 18 carbon fiber plate. Can you use that?
    I am a 185-190 rider but would need a 17 wide for sure but thanks for the offer. I'm not due for a new chair until October, just doing some investigating at this stage. Medicare's future looks puzzling so i am getting my ducks in a row now

When you're ready, save some money and get a piece of 0.125 inch thick T6 6061 sheet metal cut to size from onlinemetals.com. 30 to 40 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post

The last chair that I ordered that came with a nylon seat sling was the Halls chair that now has a solid base. And yes, I did sit up higher as a result, but by how much I couldn't say.

The depth beneath the seat rails of the underseat cross tube/rigidizer bar varies by manufacturer and by year of production. (The newer TiLites have, I think, deeper rigidizers than those made at the time of my '05 ZR1.) If your sling is hitting the underseat tubing, then going with a solid pan is going to boost you up considerably. It won't be a subtle change, which isn't to say it might not be a big improvement.

I experimented in the past by having a friend, a wood worker, create a laminate piece of wood that was rather thin and I stuck it inside my cover, under the cushion, and I immediately knew I was too high to be functional. If I consider going the route of a solid seat, I'll have to dig that board out and experiment again and see if I can get an idea; I was just curious of others experience.

My only desire for going solid is to never have to worry/wonder about the seat being loose; I may be making more of it than need be. If purchasing a new chair there are some changes I want and basing apples-to-apples to make those changes will be easier than introducing a new aspect of a solid pan, but...
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I am a 185-190 rider but would need a 17 wide for sure but thanks for the offer. I'm not due for a new chair until October, just doing some investigating at this stage. Medicare's future looks puzzling so i am getting my ducks in a row now
    For 17" wide i would go for the 3/16"