Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Thanks Oopy and Brian. I'm leaving for vacation myself. In fact I'm at the airport. Au revoir.
    Hopefully you're taking your "beater" with you on the plane and not the Z212!

What an absolutely stonking chair Stephen. Man I'm the colour of the Hulk just looking at it!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The reason I requested the 1.25" backrest tubing wasn't for its aesthetics, though I do like the way it looks. It was for practical reasons. Doug Garven sent me a photo of his fixed-back ZR2 and I noticed that his sideguards screwed flush into the side of the back posts without interference from the ADI back hardware.

The ADI 1.25" mounting hardware does not encircle the tubing; unlike their 1" mounting hardware, the outside third of the tubing is left exposed. A small but essential detail.
    I don't see the mounting hardware pictured on your ADI backrest on the ADI site. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place?

Also.... very nice chair!
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Hopefully you're taking your "beater" with you on the plane and not the Z212!
    The ZR2 is in a glass display case, like the Mona Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    I don't see the mounting hardware pictured on your ADI backrest on the ADI site. Maybe I am just not looking in the right place?

Also.... very nice chair!
    Thanks. The hardware is visible. Look again.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Shows how well things work out when the individual really understands their project.

It just looks like the chair has it's shit together. That should tackle the big apple handily.

Congrats
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Stephen, here's another wow!

Brilliant ideas in the design.

I'll probably hold off in posting a pic of my new Tr that will arrive 30 days from today, nothing can compare with yours. You did good.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Thats absolutely the most customized and beautiful ZR2 I ever seen. Well done Stephen! The solid back rest is something I wanted to do for my next ZR too, but damn you took it to a whole new level! If you don't mind I would love to have a back rest built like this for my next chair. Very stunning chair to look at, and I'm sure it will be a joy to sit on as well. Cheers!
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Damn!

One hot 'chair!

Excellent ride!

Awesome 'chair!

Those men and women out in Washington state sure do know how to manufacture those Ti 'chairs.

Excellent workmanship.

Just look at it. Everyone is drooling over the pictures!

Look at that fixed back! Excellent.

Why do we need another 'chair company when you have TiLite.

Ti
    I bet Stephen deserves most of the credit. His ideas made the chair what it is.

Looking good. I like the curved tubework for the rigidizer bar and front casters.