Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New ZR2

New ZR2

Pics of my new chair. Specs in the CareCure Repository sticky.

Surelock locks will be installed soon.

Last edited by stephen212; 08-06-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Sweet.
    Last edited by DaleB; 08-06-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: 'nuf said

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Very nice Stephen, great looking chair my man.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I'm sure you had a therapist spec it out for you, right?

What a absolutely awesome chair!

The aesthetic benefit you envisioned by going with 1.25" backrest tubing and the ovalized rigidizer bar wasn't totally clear until I saw the finished product. WOW!

The extra inch on the footrest depth is something I've thought about for end users who have significant clonus and as a way to keep one's feet from popping off the front (especially with the tubular footrest).

I'm interested to hear how it compares to your ZRc as well as you Hall's.

Such an understated title for your thread.

very cool chair stephen !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I'm interested to hear how it compares to your ZRc as well as you Hall's.
    The frame of the ZR2 is 1" narrower (15" wide in the rear) and 1" longer than my ZRc. With the 1.5" seat taper and the 1.25" tubing, the width between the front frame is 11", so my legs are closer together, which is what I wanted. The extra inch in length (the ZR2 is 17", the ZRc is 16") gives greater front-to-rear stability. (The seat pan is 16.5" deep.)

I discovered that my Halls chair, which is nominally 16" deep, is an inch longer than my ZRc, also nominally 16". Not knowing my Schulte dimension way back when, I didn't appreciate the difference between the two setups. As for comparing the Halls and the ZR2, it's a little too soon to say, but they're roughly equivalent. The ZR2 has me sitting more compactly, so that's a plus. And the orange/copper accents suit me.

I'd like to give shout-outs to Doug Garven at TiLite. The cool fin-shaped side guards were patterned after those that he designed for some of his earlier chairs. Without them the chair wouldn't fit me properly without them; my legs would be brushing up against the wheels.

. . . And Marcus Falhgren of Central Composites, who sketched out and made the side guards and seat pan for me. He did a great job.

. . . And Josh Anderson at TiLite was a total pleasure to work with from start to finish.
    Last edited by stephen212; 08-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Beautiful chair Stephen!

Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The carbon fiber is sweet. Nice chair. Do you take in in and out of a car? I love the backrest, but don't think I could get that chair in and out of my mini.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    The carbon fiber is sweet. Nice chair. Do you take in in and out of a car? I love the backrest, but don't think I could get that chair in and out of my mini.
    Thanks. I don't own a car, I'm a NYC public transportation guy. On those occasions when I travel by car or cab I have my butler (my building doorman OR my wife) load the chair.