Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: watching falling skies and had an thought

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    what i'm thinking is some kind of chip above the injury and another that relays to below the injury.

yea i've pictured that for years but i guess its not really viable. it must be more than just electrical info thats being transmitted in our spinal cord. You would believe there should be some way to bridge the gap signal wise but i assume our idea of the problem is much too simple...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    yea i've pictured that for years but i guess its not really viable. it must be more than just electrical info thats being transmitted in our spinal cord. You would believe there should be some way to bridge the gap signal wise but i assume our idea of the problem is much too simple...
    I think that is the crux of why the biological cure has come to the fore. The CNS is so complex that attempting to artificially replicate it is far more difficult than providing it with the tools and environment to regenerate itself.

However, that doesnt mean technology is not important. There is so much technology and nanotech involved in realising an eventual biological cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    I can remember in the 80's you would here "one day cars will drive themselves" you even saw examples of it but you never seen it implemented anywhere..
    MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Anyone driving the twists of Highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles recently may have glimpsed a Toyota Prius with a curious funnel-like cylinder on the roof. Harder to notice was that the person at the wheel was not actually driving.
    The car is a project of Google, which has been working in secret but in plain view on vehicles that can drive themselves, using artificial-intelligence software that can sense anything near the car and mimic the decisions made by a human driver.
    more

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

the brain puts out the signal a chip picks it up relays it to the lower chip then sends it to the cord. it can't be that hard they do it with fake hands.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    the brain puts out the signal a chip picks it up relays it to the lower chip then sends it to the cord. it can't be that hard they do it with fake hands.
    good point. I mean its just a signal of some sort, there has to be a way to read it and replicate it. is it a chemical signal or some sort of electrical stimulation?