Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supra Pubic problems.

Supra Pubic problems.

Ever since I got my s/p tube I've had nothing but problems. After my surgery I had to spend the night in the hospital because the tube got clogged with blood cloths so they hooked up a bag of saline to my tube and put a regular foley in my penis so it would flush the bladder all night long.
    After I came home I had to irrigate twice to three times daily because there still were some blood cloths, that took two days to clear.
    I was fine for a month and went to my uro for a cath change, after they changed my catheter the next day it got clogged with white sediment - tube was clogged - couldn't irrigate so I had my mother change it. Two weeks later, clogged again, couldnt irrigate it, took out the cath, tried inserting a new one - no luck - it's like the hole got closed. Went to ER, the nurse couldn't put it back in either... Doctor finally inserted it after playing with it for a few minutes... What do you know, UTI. Went on cipro, cleared the sediment. I've had my catheter changed like 8 times in 3 months, its a real headache. Every cath change = UTI. Sometimes when I lay in bed on my back or side I can feel my bladder get full and my blood pressure rises, penis starts shrinking and then I either urinate through my urethra or through the s/p approx. 300-400 cc. I went through about 6 1000cc bottles of saline since I got it.
    I have a 22fr. and I'm going to another uro for cysthoscopy? scope of the bladder.
    Could the uro that did my surgery screw something up? He is a well know doctor w/ years of experience in Northwestern hospital in Chicago.
    Can anyone relate to this? I have 4 friends that have the s/p and they are happy with it... NOT ME!
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Have you let your doctor know of the problems you are having. While none of them by themselves is uncommon, you seem to be having an awful lot of problems.
    CKF

Is your SP latex or silicon? Possibly having allergic reactions? Some people seem to develop sediment more so than others as well. When I have my cath changed, I take a Cipro 1 day before, and the day of and it helps keep the UTI's at bay. It is very important to stay amply hydrated too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Ever since I got my s/p tube I've had nothing but problems. After my surgery I had to spend the night in the hospital because the tube got clogged with blood cloths so they hooked up a bag of saline to my tube and put a regular foley in my penis so it would flush the bladder all night long.
    After I came home I had to irrigate twice to three times daily because there still were some blood cloths, that took two days to clear.
    I was fine for a month and went to my uro for a cath change, after they changed my catheter the next day it got clogged with white sediment - tube was clogged - couldn't irrigate so I had my mother change it. Two weeks later, clogged again, couldnt irrigate it, took out the cath, tried inserting a new one - no luck - it's like the hole got closed. Went to ER, the nurse couldn't put it back in either... Doctor finally inserted it after playing with it for a few minutes... What do you know, UTI. Went on cipro, cleared the sediment. I've had my catheter changed like 8 times in 3 months, its a real headache. Every cath change = UTI. Sometimes when I lay in bed on my back or side I can feel my bladder get full and my blood pressure rises, penis starts shrinking and then I either urinate through my urethra or through the s/p approx. 300-400 cc. I went through about 6 1000cc bottles of saline since I got it.
    I have a 22fr. and I'm going to another uro for cysthoscopy? scope of the bladder.
    Could the uro that did my surgery screw something up? He is a well know doctor w/ years of experience in Northwestern hospital in Chicago.
    Can anyone relate to this? I have 4 friends that have the s/p and they are happy with it... NOT ME!
    Hey "Mac85,"
    Have you read the threads on this website about Vetericyn? Let me direct you to a couple:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=133414
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=143797

"mike b",
    You may want to look into Vetericyn too, it may keep you off that antibiotic regimen at the catheter change.

All the best,
    GJ

Mac I use Renacidin to do my irrigations

That sediment is same junk I get

From my own experience I would ask your urologist Dr for a script for bottles of Renacidin them stoney sediments flow out

Technically it is approx 16 minutes before a stoma hole begins to close

I have changed my own sp Caths many times and know the frustration you experienced .

Idea !!!
    Always make sure to keep a Sp kit in the bathroom for emergencies ..

If you still have many clots I would see the urologist ASAP
    Does your bladder spasm out ?
    I hope you feel better

Good luck
    Sincerely ;
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Have you let your doctor know of the problems you are having. While none of them by themselves is uncommon, you seem to be having an awful lot of problems.
    CKF
    I did but he said its normal

Quote Originally Posted by mike b View Post
    Is your SP latex or silicon? Possibly having allergic reactions? Some people seem to develop sediment more so than others as well. When I have my cath changed, I take a Cipro 1 day before, and the day of and it helps keep the UTI's at bay. It is very important to stay amply hydrated too.
    I have latex, that could be it though... I drink 2500 ml of water a day

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Hey "Mac85,"
    Have you read the threads on this website about Vetericyn? Let me direct you to a couple:

"mike b",
    You may want to look into Vetericyn too, it may keep you off that antibiotic regimen at the catheter change.

All the best,
    GJ
    Thanks. I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Mac I use Renacidin to do my irrigations

That sediment is same junk I get

From my own experience I would ask your urologist Dr for a script for bottles of Renacidin them stoney sediments flow out

Technically it is approx 16 minutes before a stoma hole begins to close

I have changed my own sp Caths many times and know the frustration you experienced .

Idea !!!
    Always make sure to keep a Sp kit in the bathroom for emergencies ..

If you still have many clots I would see the urologist ASAP
    Does your bladder spasm out ?
    I hope you feel better

Good luck
    Sincerely ;
    GL
    I take 5mg ditropan at night, yet my urine started smelling really bad last 5 days. I do have bladder spasms.

That is definitely worth letting your doc know about. Are you running a fever? I would also encourage you to increase your fluid intake over the next couple of days and see if that helps.
    CKF

Hi Mac you n me have neurogenic bladders
    those Bladder spasms I can sympathize with you 100%

Theres this medicine I take for bladder spasms Oxybutanin

To help the UTi I am using nitrofurantin 3 x a day plus I drink lot's of fresh water , Cranberry juice etc...

When your bladder wigz out spazming maybe try a wrapped cold ice pack on your tummy ( Abdomen ) like when youre in bed if you have a elec bed maybe raise your head up and do some reading while applying the cold packs I found this takes the edge off . I love reading in bed .

Bladder pains , spasms are so uncomfortable

Take it easy and I hope you feel better

Sincerely ;
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    That is definitely worth letting your doc know about. Are you running a fever? I would also encourage you to increase your fluid intake over the next couple of days and see if that helps.
    CKF
    i drink 2.5-3L every day, talked to uro - he suggested stethoscope and ct scan of bladder

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Hi Mac you n me have neurogenic bladders
    those Bladder spasms I can sympathize with you 100%

Theres this medicine I take for bladder spasms Oxybutanin

To help the UTi I am using nitrofurantin 3 x a day plus I drink lot's of fresh water , Cranberry juice etc...

When your bladder wigz out spazming maybe try a wrapped cold ice pack on your tummy ( Abdomen ) like when youre in bed if you have a elec bed maybe raise your head up and do some reading while applying the cold packs I found this takes the edge off . I love reading in bed .

Bladder pains , spasms are so uncomfortable

Take it easy and I hope you feel better

Sincerely ;
    GL
    thanks i take 5mg of oxybutanin - ditropan at night... my cloggs only happen at night

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Hey "Mac85,"

"mike b",

All the best,
    GJ
    I have little problems with UTI's, but I will ask my uro doc about vetericyn. Thanks for the advice.