Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

new guy

thankyou all. thanks again. and again and again! my name is don and i was in a mva where a person "waslooking at the beach"and hitus. my daughtr and her boyfriend were o.k.but i was rocked prettygood and asa result am dealing wih antrior cord and central cord syndromes. i thank you all because i have been reading and trying to get as much info as possible from your posts.the mva was november of lastyear. i was totally unable to move at all and had tobe removd and put on stretcher on scene(first daywith new ambulance setup and they got my thumb stuckn a partof the stretcher when the lg fold to slie it into ambulance and didnt noticetil arrival at hospital)i was abl to shuffle out of hospitl 3hours latr but my mri showed boney growhs in my vertebra that wre compresing my cord when rocked in mva so no-one whould trat me(physio or anyone els) i have no feeling or sensation or strngth below my shoulders and am barely abltoshuffle with my walker now 8 months later.my pinkies and the next fingers are useless but oher three can be used a little. i am doing good with bowel and bladder now and do the pool3days and physio 2 days a week so i am doing all can til i cant do any more. my initial goal was to gotoa skateboard race that i had been to every year and this yar was 10 year anniversary and i did go but hid in back. my next goal was met only after lurking hre and stealing tips from all of you and i actually dancd with my daughter at hr high school grad (anyone ho says standing still and holding on to her isnt dancing is wrong!)i went from world class athlete to wold class .......not sure yet. just alittle introduction to meand my new life, looking forward to getting to know you all and thanks again, your information has saved me from alife filledwith shit and filld it ith genuine hope. you ar all a part of me now so hangon cause its gonna be a wild ride!
    faster and faster til the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death

Saw your post here and just wanted to tell you hi and say please take care!

Teena

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you've made significant progress with rehab and I wish you all the best going forward!

Just want to say "Welcome!" This is a good place.

Welcome Bonebust. You are making great progress.

Welcome to the forum.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

welcome to care cure.
    sorry you had to come here, but its good that you did.

Welcome Bonedust. I trust you went to the G.F. Stronge for rehab. Keep working 8 months in is not that long ad a lot can return.

A worldclass athlete still is a worldclass athlete; we just compete in other ways. Ya can break our bodies but you can't break our competive spirit. You live in a great Province with great things going on.

Stay strong, get strong!

Welcome BoneDust and congratulations on the dance with your daughter. She'll never forget that.
    Last edited by Millard; 08-06-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

welcome and my prayers will be with you and your love ones! God bless sencerely! Keep the faith and stay positive in life.

Sammy.
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com