Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTI BAD for 2years

Saline will not kill the bacteria. And I would be very careful instilling any medication that is not made for that route of delivery. It is great that it worked for you, but I don't believe that cipro is made to be delivered that way.
    CKF

Thank everyone who has posted. IM out of the hospital now .I have a super pubic and a foley. im on cipro , and feelin a bit better.
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    get yourself to a neurourologist one that specializes in SCI
    "smashms"
    I think that after all "NEWPARA" has been through to be where he is now, he has probably gotten the best care available to him, and I wish him the very best with the new supra pubic.
    "NEWPARA" have you considered reading the threads on this site about Vetericyn. I have had my supra pubic catheter (SPC) for 14 months and I have only had one bladder infection (and that was right after I had the SPC placed) and I am not experiencing any bladder/urine colonization. I had my annual physical exam with my primary care physician on Thursday and he was very impressed that my urine, in his words, "looks like fine champagne." I told him it actually looks like Galliano liqueur. I am a convert....Vetericyn rocks!!!!

All the best,
    "GJ"

My uti is back,I need to get some vetericyn. I do remember taking a pill once a day from Rancho los amigos.I cant remember what is was called.
    I called my urologist and I have an apointment on monday.Im allready in alot of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    My uti is back,I need to get some vetericyn. I do remember taking a pill once a day from Rancho los amigos.I cant remember what is was called.
    I called my urologist and I have an apointment on monday.Im allready in alot of pain.
    Is it the same bacteria?

You probably took Macrodantin/Marcobid prophylactically while you were at Rancho. This practice is not used much today because of concerns about antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria, super bugs.

You might consider getting an infectious disease doctor involved in collaboration with your urologist.

All the best,
    GJ

Well Im back in ? I have ER damit! I asw a doctor at Casa Colina and he removed the super pubic,he said it would not help.Im so confused its like no doctor knows what to do.The doc at casa mentioned removing the bladder?Im not sure on that?I have an infectous disease doctor but he hasn said anything? Now what?I have cosidered suicid but I can do it.

Well Im back in ? I have ER damit! I asw a doctor at Casa Colina and he removed the super pubic,he said it would not help.Im so confused its like no doctor knows what to do.The doc at casa mentioned removing the bladder?Im not sure on that?I have an infectous disease doctor but he hasn said anything? Now what?I have cosidered suicid but I can do it.
    From what I have read you need to try the vetericyn. I do not have any experience with it but it looks like this could be your ticket to a very different life. With all the infections you have had I would think that you would be using a closed system catheter. Are you now or have you ever been on a closed system catheter? I would think that a closed system catheter would have taken care of recurring uti's

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! If you're going to try the Vetericyn, and I don't see what you have to lose at this point, go for the stronger formula, Vetericyn VF. You can get in online at a number of different outlets. Use Google Shopping and type in "Vetericyn VF Wound & Infection Treatment 16 fl oz" Then you can compare prices. You can probably get free shipping if you order a few bottles at a time. Be sure and order enough--if you run out too soon it will set you back. You should use 60 cc instillations and keep it in for as long as is comfortable--from twenty minutes to an hour. Do this every day till you start feeling better. If you're rich you can do it twice a day, morning and evening. After you get it whipped, keep on doing it to protect yourself from reinfection. And don't worry if your tests don't come out perfect. I know people who are technically colonized, but they never get infected because the Vetericyn VF keeps the bacteria from escalating into an infection.

HANG IN THERE!

May you be well!

Susanne
    I'm back on Facebook again--up and running!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000532232573

Looking back at your posts, you had the suprapubic less than 4 weeks. That hardly seems like enough time to have the stoma site heal let alone give you a chance to establish habits and routine that might make the suprapubic work for you, i.e., drink enough water, cleaning methods for the leg bag and night drain system, cleaning and protection of the stoma, Vetericyn instillations etc.

Now that the suprapubic has been removed, how are you managing your bladder while you and your urologist are weighing other options? Do you have an indwelling foley catheter or are you cathing intermittently? What is the cultured bacteria? Are you on any antibiotics now?

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 09-05-2011 at 06:03 PM.

I have a foley in now.Im on vacomiacin and cipro.I am starting to notice my urine is looking a bit better.I felt the infection comming on a couple weeks ago but until Im dying they wont help me!