Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTI BAD for 2years

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    I cannot get rid of them .Everyone is worse than the last.Im running out of hope.Im in he hospital aleast once a week,I canot find help with any doctor,Ive had every tes here is.The side effects are horible.There has o be somone that has had his.I had a bladder augmentation and one of the doctors said im always going to have infection,so he gave up on me .Im so frustrated please help finding a doc? Or?
    It realy sucks bad.
    After having uti's constantly for 43 years, I started use Vetericyn VF. Two weeks ago I checked clear again so now I have been uti free for an entire year!

Life is good.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I did my rehab at rancho also did impatient at Casa Colina.They are both great hospitals,
    The Uroligist here At Arcadia Methodist is going to put a superpubic in he seems to think that will work?
    Im desperate at his point,
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Putting in a suprapubic will not cure the infection. I would ask him why he wants to do it. Also, find out what your culture told them and if you are on the right antibiotic. What do you take medication wise. I would also recommend you consider the Vetricyn (sp.) like GJ suggested. It has worked miracles for many on this site.
    CKF

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Putting in a suprapubic will not cure the infection. I would ask him why he wants to do it. Also, find out what your culture told them and if you are on the right antibiotic. What do you take medication wise. I would also recommend you consider the Vetricyn (sp.) like GJ suggested. It has worked miracles for many on this site.
    CKF

The problem is not geting rid of the uti its keeping it from comming back as soon as I get rid of them.He said it will help I hope so.Can you tell me more about Vetricyn? what is it how many mg?
    will it keep the utis from occuring?

I googled vetricyn looks like is wound spray for animals???
    Last edited by NEWPARA; 08-05-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: forgot
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Vetricyn (sp?) is the same as Microcyn which is the human version, but Vetricyn is the cheaper of the two (same formula). I believe that Vetricyn VF is the prescription strength Microcyn. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    The problem is not geting rid of the uti its keeping it from comming back as soon as I get rid of them.He said it will help I hope so.Can you tell me more about Vetricyn? what is it how many mg?
    will it keep the utis from occuring?

I googled vetricyn looks like is wound spray for animals???
    there is a thread on here about 70pages long. Vetericyn is the animal version of Microcyn. So go pick up Vetercyn Wound and infection Spray (NOT the hydrogel version) and you basically shoot 30 to 60ml of it directly into your bladder thru the cath and you roll around in bed for as long as you can. Most people start at 5min, a lot of people have proplems with bowels and having accidents. I personally use 50ml for a hour then drain.

I buy my stuff from Medi Vet, and make sure you buy the Vetericyn VF in the white bottle, it is double the strengh as the regular stuff in the blue bottle.

Sure someone else will chime in with more detailed info.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Read the thread gjnl linked in post #8. It will explain how to use the vetericyn. It is the veterinary version of microcyn (which is now called puracyn). But it is the same thing, and much cheaper than the one sold for people instead of animals.

It is a wound treatment, and many have found that it is very effective in controlling bladder infections.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I was having a very similar problem as you two years ago; four, well, five actually, hospitalizations in a five-month span because of a very stubborn Pseudomonas UTI. Finally had an ID (infectious disease) doctor get involved. Along with treating the infection, he advised I start using a Foley (I have a sp now). I haven't been in the hospital since. And have not been symptomatic either, though I have had some high bacteria counts that he treated a couple times. I drink water all day up 'til I go to bed, over a gallon a day. I may be overdoing it, but I'm paranoid, which I'm sure you understand.

Add my voice to the chorus singing Vetericyn's praises. It has worked for me!

Best wishes, brother!
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by WPDaggy View Post
    I was having a very similar problem as you two years ago; four, well, five actually, hospitalizations in a five-month span because of a very stubborn Pseudomonas UTI. Finally had an ID (infectious disease) doctor get involved. Along with treating the infection, he advised I start using a Foley (I have a sp now). I haven't been in the hospital since. And have not been symptomatic either, though I have had some high bacteria counts that he treated a couple times. I drink water all day up 'til I go to bed, over a gallon a day. I may be overdoing it, but I'm paranoid, which I'm sure you understand.

Add my voice to the chorus singing Vetericyn's praises. It has worked for me!

Best wishes, brother!
    I tried the Vetericyn and didn't have much luck. I have has a sp cath for over 20 years without much trouble until recently. We re-evaluated my care, checked and double checked that everything was being done correctly, sterile procedure, gallon or more of water a day and so on but I was still getting a uti every other month or so.

After this last round of Cipro I decided to keep the last two pills and not take them. I was on 500mg 2 X a day for 14 days so I figured it couldn't hurt. Last week I was feeling a uti coming on so I dissolved on of the cipro tabs in a large 1000ml bottle of saline and filled my bladder then clamped it off for 20 minutes. We did this twice a day for a few days and my symptoms are gone.

My .02
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    After this last round of Cipro I decided to keep the last two pills and not take them. I was on 500mg 2 X a day for 14 days so I figured it couldn't hurt. Last week I was feeling a uti coming on so I dissolved on of the cipro tabs in a large 1000ml bottle of saline and filled my bladder then clamped it off for 20 minutes. We did this twice a day for a few days and my symptoms are gone.

My .02
    I wonder if the saline alone would kill the bacteria. Any ideas?