Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTI BAD for 2years

UTI BAD for 2years

I cannot get rid of them .Everyone is worse than the last.Im running out of hope.Im in he hospital aleast once a week,I canot find help with any doctor,Ive had every tes here is.The side effects are horible.There has o be somone that has had his.I had a bladder augmentation and one of the doctors said im always going to have infection,so he gave up on me .Im so frustrated please help finding a doc? Or?
    It realy sucks bad.
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Last edited by zillazangel; 08-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Bladder augmentation doesn't=life-long infections. Colonization, maybe.

What are your symptoms?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

My symptoms are
    101 temp
    chills
    tightening of abdomen
    bad nerve pain
    somtimes leg spasms or stiff legs
    loss apitite
    urine is toxic smelling
    major back pain

Ive been on Iv antibiotics for 3 days I feel worse than when I came to the er on monday
    I seriously want to die
    Last edited by NEWPARA; 08-03-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Bladder augmentation doesn't=life-long infections. Colonization, maybe.

What are your symptoms?

What is colonazation?
    thanks for your reply I feel likke there is no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    My symptoms are
    101 temp
    chills
    tightening of abdomen
    bad nerve pain
    somtimes leg spasms or stiff legs
    loss apitite
    urine is toxic smelling

Ive been on Iv antibiotics for 3 days I feel worse than when I came to the er on monday
    I seriously want to die
    You need to see a doctor, preferably not an ER doctor. If the antibiotics haven't helped in 3 days (two actually) that is not a good sign that they will ever help.

what can i do??

You live in Monrovia, CA. You are really close to one of the leading spinal cord injury hospitals in the country (http://www.rancho.org/), Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Downey, CA, who must have really good neuro-urologists. Go to the website, make some calls, inquire about how you access their services. Do you have a primary care physician who can make your case for a referral to this facility?

Search this site for the threads about Vetericyn. Start here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=133414
    After that, use the search feature on this site and read everything else that has been written about Vetericyn/Microcyn. Buy some and try it.

You do sound as though you have a full on bladder infection, not just colonization. Colonization means that there is bacteria present in the bladder, but it is not causing urinary tract infection symptoms. Have you had a urinalysis (UA) and a culture and sensitivity (C&S) laboratory testing? You/your urologist need to know what bacteria is causing your infection and what antibiotic is the most effective in treating the infection. You just can't throw any old antibiotic at an infection and expect it to cure it, if it isn't the right one. When spinal cord injured people suffer bladder infections, they usually need to be on the right antibiotic for more than the 7 day regimen prescribed for able bodied individuals. An antibiotic course of 10-14 days is more appropriate for you.

Hope you can get some help very soon. Keep in touch here.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by NEWPARA View Post
    what can i do??
    Don't you have a primary care physician?

Gjnl has a good suggestion, which is contacting Rancho in Downey. They have urologists with decades of experience in this area.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community