Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magic bullet suppository leakage frustration... enemeez anyone?

magic bullet suppository leakage frustration... enemeez anyone?

I'm just venting, but I'm also looking for some advice. I am really sick of magic bullets. I hate them! No matter how long I wait, the suppository along with extra stool come out so many times while I'm in the shower after I do my bowel program. I would say this is happening more than 50% of the time. And now I'm running into the trouble the suppository not coming out until hours later. It's really bad for my skin to be sitting in the all day. I don't know that it's coming out until I get into bed. And now sometimes the suppository will come out after I get into my wheelchair, and I don't know until I get into bed, and after I get cleaned up when I'm in bed, more will come out later on in the night.

I really wanted the Enemeez to work. I tried to trials where I used them for two weeks, almost a year apart. Both trials weren't successful. I even tried using two at once and it wasn't working. My dad does my bowel care, and it is possible that he might not have been using the right, but they are pretty self explanatory. I was just curious are there any options out there other than magic bullet. I think I in going to start another trial of Enemeez. I'm considering just using them and nothing else. When I did both of my trials I had to use the magic bullet, because it wasn't working and I was going for-five days without having any bowel movement, and it was very time-consuming. I just don't know why my body won't accept them or how I can try to make the switch successfully.

Has anybody had this problem with magic bullets, and if so what do you do? Also has anybody made the switch from magic bullet to Enemeez but had a rough time getting started with body adaptation? What did you do to address the problems and were you able to successfully make the switch?

Thanks for reading this and hopefully I'll get some good feedback (I always do... you guys are great).

Same problem for me with magic bullets, after snot.

I switched to glycerin suppositories.
    They're gentler and may not work for everybody but they work for me with no mess.

Jeff
    Doh!

I remember posts from the past suggesting that folks cut down to 1/2 of a MB and that seemed to work.

I would suggest cutting it in half and seeing if that gives you good results with little or no "snot".
    CKF

NO WAY magic bullet. I even tried 1/2 a bullet and still got the "snot" the next morning. Switch to Enemeez and have had no problems at all! Best of Luck!
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=150458

Larsen, message Mombo. She and her son successfully made the switch from MB to Enemeez, including working through the adjustment period.

It's a challenge to get the contents of the Enemeez tube up high enough to be effective. I was never able to do it while sitting up on the toilet. There are lots of tips on the boards about how to do that, but I've found that laying prone (on my stomach) while my assistant inserts it and for five minutes after gets it to where it needs to be. It starts working anywhere between 11 and 15 minutes after it's inserted.

I've never used the Bullet (I hate suppositories and the stories of the butt snot side-effects made me determined to avoid the MB at all costs) -- went stright from dig stim only to using Enemeez Plus. Wish I'd have done it ages ago. Bowel care time has been reduced to about 25 minutes, most of which is waiting for the Enemeez to take effect, and my 'roids are all but gone because there's no need for stimming so long or often. On average, 90-100 percent of the stool is evacuated by the Enemeez alone or with minor stimming on the first round. One or two quick follow-ups and everything's done with no unintended side-effects or residuals.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Larsen, message Mombo. She and her son successfully made the switch from MB to Enemeez, including working through the adjustment period.

It's a challenge to get the contents of the Enemeez tube up high enough to be effective. I was never able to do it while sitting up on the toilet. There are lots of tips on the boards about how to do that, but I've found that laying prone (on my stomach) while my assistant inserts it and for five minutes after gets it to where it needs to be. It starts working anywhere between 11 and 15 minutes after it's inserted.
    just to give you a little bit more info about me I do my bowel program turned to my website in my bed, because I cannot sit on a voucher for a long time because I had a flap surgery done in 2007.. The bowel chair is what gave me a massive sore.

So, what it sounds like is maybe I just was not getting the Enemeez up high enough. Do you use the tubes that they come in? Or do you use something different? I lay on my side, would you suggest laying out my stomach? Also, how far does your assistant insert a tube before she squirts the enema?

Blog Entries
    I use a medicine syringe to get the Enemeez "up there" while sitting in a shower/commode chair. Here's an old post showing a sketch of the modification: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...92&postcount=9
    I've recently figured out that if I cut off about 1/4" of the tip of the insertion tube on the Enemeez tube, I can pull back the plunger on the syringe to fill it with air, insert the catheter tip about 1" into the Enemeeze tip and pull out all of the liquid with the syringe very neatly. You may need to play with how much of the tip you cut off so that the catheter tip can fit into the Enemeeze tube. It needs to be a tight fit, but not so tight that you can't get the cath in. I'll take a few photos of the process and post them in a bit.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

If you're already doing your bowel care in bed on your side, try laying on your stomach while the Enemeez is inserted and while it takes effect, then roll back to your side for the duration.

The routine I use is that my assistant (my husband) first inserts a little lodocaine gel into my rectum. After using a well-lubed, gloved finger, he makes sure there's no stool present and inserts the full length of the tip of the Enemeez tube and squeezes out the contents. Even with his able-bodied hands, he sometimes needs to withdraw the tube to let it reinflate with air before reinserting to finish emptying the tube. Those buggers are hard to squeeze.

A couple of tips from my somewhat limited experience.

** You must make sure your rectum is completely clear of stool before inserting any bowel care aid like Enemeez. Do a manual evacuation to remove any stool that's already moved down, otherwise it can prevent the mini-enema (or MB) from being absorbed/distributed well enough to work.

** Enemeez doesn't work well at all if you're constipated. When my stool is "normal" (which will vary from person to person), the Enemeez prompts evacuation of my bowels on its own -- no dig stim or other intervention is needed to get things moving. When I'm even a tiny bit constipated, though, I need dig stim to produce anything at all. Moral of the story: having a bowel program that keeps your stool soft but firm will make a big difference in how effective the Enemeez is.

Give it another try using this modified method, tweaking as needed. It's really worth the effort and time you need to put in to make it work for you.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Thanks hipcrip for the advice. I think when I moved to Florida in January, I will have a really good chance at using the product and using it well, because my dad will be with me for the first few months full-time. So, I'll be able to try it very well. My dad does my bowel care now, but he works right now. He gets up very early and when we start around 830 at night, we do the shower afterwards, and by the time he leaves its about 10-10: 30. So, if things don't go right he won't get to bed at a decent hour, and he is already pretty tired when he gets here. So, I feel like when we get to Florida we will be starting fresh and have all the time in the world to try and get this working. I'll keep your advice and money and use it when I get down there. Thanks!