Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Project

New Project

Dear CareCure Forum Members,

Following Will Ambler's example, Bruno and I have decided to start a similar project to find a curative therapy for SCI. We think that going this way will greatly increase the chances of us walking. The goal of our project is SUCCESSFUL CLINICAL TRIALS. We don't want to waste time and money on discoveries, that many researchers do these days (let them do their thing). We don't want to and jump from one ground-breaking discovery to the next, working only with mice, and not even knowing if it would work for people. We want to use what is available today.

We have an agreement with a group of researchers. To REALLY save money we are going to work with scientists and clinicians from Russia. But we thought it would be a good idea to have an American scientist to visit them, monitor their work, and maybe help them.

Dr. Young, you've been to Moscow, haven't you? Do you think you could help us find someone to go there ones or twice for a week or so when the trials start, or even before the human trials to check the cells cultures- in other words, to be our trusted expert? Maybe one of your advanced students would like to go, or maybe you would like to go there yourself and then write an article about it for us?

This is the group of Professor Bruhovetsky, the one that I went to last summer for a stem cell injection. That treatment had any positive effect on only 40% of patients (no major improvements), so it was stopped. Professor Raisman from England visited the group, and they are now working on new methods. They also had developed two types of polymer gel that we want to use for our project.

The detailed protocol for the treatment is going to be put together very soon. But in general the treatment would be a transplant of polymer-based gel with growth factors, OEG cells taken from the nasal cavity (mucous), plus some other stuff (stem cells, cytoxines).

Since, many similar experiments have been performed, a short preclinical trial on mice will be required (probably would take about three months to see some regeneration). And then (around the end of this year or beginning of the next) human trials would take place.

Right now we're in the process of registering the American part of our organization with IRS as non-profit. The other European part will be located in Portugal. We are also in the process of making a web site. We would like to hear any ideas on how to make this project better and more effective. We also need a name for our project and a logo for our web site, so we would appreciate any help. All ideas are very welcome.

Thank you,
    Dmitriy and Bruno

Dmitriy & Bruno

This is exciting. Thank you for announcing the project here. Hopefully you will get needed support from community members!

For anyone interested in Dr. Bruhovetsky's past work there's a detailed topic here.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

exciting!

Will this treatment also stop inhibition? I was reading about NOGO.
    I'll try to think of a name.

Jan

Dimitriy, if I can help in any way, I will try hard. I have not yet been to Russia although I have been planning to get over there for some years now. Wise.

You guys are awesome! Things like this make me feel very optimistic and positive about the near future.

Doesn't get any more grass-roots than this does it? Right on!

Good news

Dmitriy you can use the logo I did for our posters and tee shirt idea. I have ordered some shirts with it on there but I can add you web adresse to the furture orders of shirts when you get that part up and running. I will email the logo to you and you are welcome to use if if you want to.

EXCELLENT....can more of us do the same?

Go ,go, go

Are you also including the use of chondroitinase abc in your test?

Yes

Yes everyone can use it. Call Kimberly, she has them the shirts set up to print. I dont think it would be a problem to add and deleate things if you wanted to.

Thanks a lot Dr.Wise Young, if you are willing to check them out later, when the project is ongoig, it would certainly give our project a serious credibility and trust on us.
    About the Scientifical aspect of the project, we really cannot comment on it, because we don't know exactly the protocol., When we have it, we will post it here..,
    Ideias to give more awareness to this, would be great

thanks,
    Bruno