Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: This heat is making me crazy

This heat is making me crazy

And I was already crazy!

Predicted to hit 110 F today, and they always underestimate. My van's thermometer will hit 120, or close to it.

No rain in months, literally. We had an F5 tornado that came w/ no rain.

I know this is redundant, I complain about weather here in OK constantly. It just seems always either hellish, or hell-froze-over.

This year is exceptionally bad, much worse than when Bente came.

I'll just hunker down and watch Breaking Bad, don't have to go anywhere. Hate feeling trapped tho.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    And I was already crazy!

Predicted to hit 110 F today, and they always underestimate. My van's thermometer will hit 120, or close to it.

No rain in months, literally. We had an F5 tornado that came w/ no rain.

I know this is redundant, I complain about weather here in OK constantly. It just seems always either hellish, or hell-froze-over.

This year is exceptionally bad, much worse than when Bente came.

I'll just hunker down and watch Breaking Bad, don't have to go anywhere. Hate feeling trapped tho.
    Hello Betheny,

Our weather here in SW Georgia is not as bad. We're supposed to get to 100 today with about 75% humidity, creating a heat index of 111. We finally have gotten some rain, a couple of times a week for the last two weeks. Stay in and stay cool.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

And here I've been complaining that it is too cold and rainy to go camping this year. I cant control body heat, so it cannot get too cold at night. It is even worse than last year. I still have to wear a sweater in the house. It rarely gets above 70 or 80 in the aftrnoon and is in the mid to high 40's at night. In the winter we are in the 30's to 40's at night to 50's in the day. It has been a very cold non-summer.

I feel for you guys with the super hot temps, but wish you could share just a little of it for us. If it were over a hundred degrees for a month here, people would be dropping like flies. We are not used to it and only have hundred degree days a couple of times per year.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Blog Entries

Skippy, where is your idyllic-sounding handbasket? I want to move there.

It's much like my wishing I had some of Obie's junk in my trunk, isn't it? My bro's working in NE, he said it's hot but not as extreme, plus they have gotten some rain.

I'd be complaining like a bitch if I had to endure a NE winter, tho, absolutely no doubt there.

I wanna be a snowbird! If I can ever afford it, I think that is my life's goal.

I feel your pain!!! I've been having to stay inside during the afternoon hours as much as possible also. We've had a record number of days above 100 and only about 1.5 inches of rain this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post

Skippy, where is your idyllic-sounding handbasket? I want to move there.
    I live in Eugene, Oregon. We rarely have any weather extremes. Maybe one or two days a year with snow or ice, the same in summer with 100 degree days. It rains lot in winter, but it was clear and sunny Christmas day.

All of our buses are accessible and just about all of the town is as well. Militantly so. You can get anywhere in town even at rush hour in under an hour on the bus or by car. They are specifically geared to handicapped riders and at 3.00 for a day pass are a great deal. The bus drivers all say hi and bye to yu. We also have the ridesource connection that is for wheelchair riders who need door to door service (the aide/driver will get out and help you) and cannot ride the regular bus. It is more spendy at 3 bucks each way.

There is the University of Oregon here and 40 miles away is Oregon state university. I am right in the middle between the beach and the mountains, since either are about 80 miles away. We are 100 miles from Portland and have amtrak service to nd from daily on the Coast Starlight which I have taken to Los Angeles and Seattle.

Our terrain ranges from beautiful (and some accessible to wheelchairs) ocean beaches that are by law all publically accessible to high desert to rolling miles of wheat and old growth timber to alpine mountains and raging river canyons and everything in between.

We have it all. Except for the jobs shortage (Oregon always has a diminished economy) it is a great place to live if you don't need a job especially if you are active and like the outdoors.

You should visit sometime.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

OR sounds heavenly. WHY is the economy so bad? I think one of your major exports is meth!

Is pot legal in OR?

i know the feeling. Here in SC, summers are spent dashing from air conditioner to air conditioner.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Here, the temps the last 48 hours have varied by 30+ degrees (it was 71 this morning, predicted to be 98 today), which has kicked my headaches into high gear. I am miserable today from head pain. I'll take the heat, the cool, but the swinging quickly between the two is really difficult on me.