Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: got 10k worth of a new chair today, kinda not happy.

From your description, it sound as though you might need some tweaking of certain parts of the chair. Does your backrest need to be adjusted up/down/back/forward? Can you swap the armrests that came with the chair for ones that you like? My durable medical equipment supplier has always been very good about making changes for me, crediting the account for something returned and then applying a substitution for the returned item.

I think you may be stuck with the extra width because of the space needed for the power assist apparatus. But, there may be a few millimeters that can be adjusted out there, as well.

Hope things work out....I know it is disappointing when you have anticipated a new chair and then you find out things you didn't think about or weren't told about. Did you have the opportunity to see the chair before you ordered it?

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    or Darrens?

A bewitching retort.

I don't think testing out chairs and equipment is as common as everyone says it is around here. I did do alot of reading in advance and research, but there's never been a way to demo a chair I've purchased that I remember.
    The availability of testing probably depends greatly on your geographic location. I was able to demo several chairs (by borrowing from friends) before I made my choice, which was different than any chair I tested. Currently I am demoing a set of MagicWheels; the technology appeals to me, but the product behaves somewhat differently than I had imagined, so I haven't decided whether or not I want them yet.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    The availability of testing probably depends greatly on your geographic location. I was able to demo several chairs (by borrowing from friends) before I made my choice, which was different than any chair I tested. Currently I am demoing a set of MagicWheels; the technology appeals to me, but the product behaves somewhat differently than I had imagined, so I haven't decided whether or not I want them yet.
    I would think in that case,
    i would be ahead of the game, living in the capitol of California, but alas, it is not as easy as it seems. I would caution those of you who always say demo, demo, demo! to newly injured members or new to the market peeps, because that ish rarely or never happens. I think I got to test run 1 chair once. but never the difference in wheels, types, backrests, so many of things of the things that make up a chair purchase.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Do you have a photo of the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    From your description, it sound as though you might need some tweaking of certain parts of the chair. Does your backrest need to be adjusted up/down/back/forward? Can you swap the armrests that came with the chair for ones that you like? My durable medical equipment supplier has always been very good about making changes for me, crediting the account for something returned and then applying a substitution for the returned item.

I think you may be stuck with the extra width because of the space needed for the power assist apparatus. But, there may be a few millimeters that can be adjusted out there, as well.

Hope things work out....I know it is disappointing when you have anticipated a new chair and then you find out things you didn't think about or weren't told about. Did you have the opportunity to see the chair before you ordered it?

All the best,
    GJ
    If you read, I did tweak. I already took off as much as I could. there is only 1 available armrest that comes with the wheel type, and so I had them remove the hardware, since it looked crazy midevil compared to what I'm used to.

i'm getting a wicked glare from my sunlight, but this looks ridiculous.
    here's what I have now, and the new. also, nowhere was it mentioned that there's anything other than the batteries in the center of the wheels, so be prepared to see this on the back of your chair (looks like a big quart of oil?) also, in picture 3, I put up a peice of white paper so you could see the big chunky wtfever they use to attach the backrest- there's like o-rings, pins, a cord, a grenade launcher, princess diana's sapphire, michael jackson's monkey, alllll kinds of ish in there.

thinking I should change my avatar to this.

and the armrest, which I bet, weighs more than my standard wheels/tires combined? why add antiquated parts with supposedly new technology?

Also, Scissor locks are ridiculous for people with long legs. I had them taken off on the spot, lest my top heavy self topple over trying to reach under halfway down my cushion.
    Keep talking.

...I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo holmes, smell ya later."