Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone got a passive trainer cycle?

This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health-F.../dp/B0016BWV0Y

It does have a calorie counter on it, along with other counters/meters, though I've never used the meter. IMO it's pretty well built for $100, better than I expected. I can't move my legs at all, this does a good job for me. The variable speed is nice as well though I' d prefer a bit more speed on high. Anyway, for $100 it's worth a look.......

Hi

I don't think that model is available in UK but it looks good, amazon.com won't ship to UK and its not available on Amazon UK.

Nearest one I can find to the Oxycycle which seems to be only one available to UK for under £200 is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradigm-Motor...ef=pd_sbs_sg_5

Cheapest I can find it for is £153 over here, other models I've asked about have been withdrawn and only other one with pedals only is the Therafit ones at £625!

Just wondered if anyone who had one knew how many calories they burned whilst they were using it.

I managed to find one for £138 from British Mobility.

My friend also found by strapping the wii remote to her leg on her stationary bike she could make the character move on wii fit jog and actually burned more calories than she did jogging! It tells you on there.. so I'll have a go on that when mine arrives!!

It showed she had burned 99 calories in 15 mins.. not sure I'll be able to go that fast (hers is a regular exercise bike and she's not physically disabled), or how fast the passive training part will move my legs for me, but I think it will make it more fun if I can use it with Wii Fit!

I have done many Mii characters as favourite celebrities.. lol so can go for a leisurely jog round the island with Robbie Williams!!

I've got MS. Legs are so spastic that I can barely move them. I can walk with a walker, but very, very slowly...sometimes I have to walk backwards so that I drag my less cooperative leg acros the floor.

I do have a passive pedal machine. I'm not worried about losing weight, but I do use the thing for as much as a hour every night. Usually, afterwards I can walk a little better.

Glad it helps. I can do some exercises on Wii fit. my problem is I move so slowly and unco-ordinated on my own thst I don't really burn any calories. The stretches do help with muscle tightness though and keeping my range of motion.

I figured if the bike was pedalling for me I'd get round the issue of slow jerky voluntary control. it hasn't arrived yet, hopefully next week. so keeping fingers crossed!

It arrived today. I don't know if they've sent wrong model but its says Paradigm Activcycle on box and pedals and it doesn't on the pic on their website!

Anyway this has calorie counter and I burnt 189 calories in 20 mins. It's quite addictive watching the calories go up!

Hopefully I can lose some more weight now if I can manage this for a short time each day.