Thread: Facebook problems

Facebook problems

I started using Facebook recently. The problem I'm having is with posting messages. I use Dragon Dictate version 11. I dictate my message, it appears on the screen, I say enter, the message is there, but if I go back to it later it's not on the screen any more. Any suggestions

Are you using Dragon hands-free (no mouse)? Internet Explorer or Firefox?
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I started using Facebook recently. The problem I'm having is with posting messages. I use Dragon Dictate version 11. I dictate my message, it appears on the screen, I say enter, the message is there, but if I go back to it later it's not on the screen any more. Any suggestions
    I believe the service pack or whatever that is 11.5 has Facebook and Twitter functionality specifically built in.

I had these problems frequently in fact I couldn't comment to a post on Facebook, it would just not be there when I went back to the page. I have it working now and I don't think it has anything to do with Dragon even though I am currently running 11.5 with Windows of course and not Mac. The reason I say it doesn't have anything to do with Dragon was that I could not get the comments to stick even while typing them. I am using Internet Explorer 9, I recently uninstalled and reinstalled for another reason but it seemed to fix the problem for now.

Just my $.02 worth.

I am using Dragon strictly by voice and also use Internet Explorer.

Blog Entries
    You might try Firefox...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by tinern View Post
    I am using Dragon strictly by voice and also use Internet Explorer.
    I just tried DNS 11.5 using Internet Explorer 9 (hands-free) on Facebook without any problems as you have described. I realize this is not what you probably wanted to hear. Internet Explorer is the browser of choice when you are surfing the Net - hands-free.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com