Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Big money > none control. Small money more control. Hey! Same everywhere. The Greece bankruptcy was due to none control and greed, Germany and EU poured buck loads of money into a corrupt system, all know it was there (like all know the closer to the Mediterranean ocean one comes the more corruption). And whose the winners and losers’ in that game? The few rich 'losers' off course.

Don’t be na├»ve. Ask Qs and don’t take no for a no. And the rationale behind this, is that most people in this world want to ‘earn’ money no matter how noble case it is. ppl are not Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by c473s
    Interesting that 79% of their revenue is from the Canadian Government and not from continued huge fundraising or brilliant investments. The Foundation's leverage is smartly having a board that is influential enough to pull that off.
    Once a government straw always a straw...,

If somebody wants to cheat somebody and wants to cheat on big money, then go for governments. Governments are good people, and good people are the ones being cheated - and so it has always been - the question then is how to treat the bad people?
    Last edited by Leif; 08-09-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Unfortunately, I did learn in the last few days that the Rick Hanson Foundation has 5 earning more than $120,000 per year ... more than any other organization including Canadian Cancer Society.

That, I will admit, is very disappointing to learn.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...0710/20110710/

http://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/do...tiesVanSun.pdf

2006 Revenues: $36.8 million
    2006 Spending: $11.3 million
    Primary areas of focus:
    Research (50%); support and services for the charitable sector (50%)
    Spending on fundraising and administration: $4.3 million (38% of all spending)
    Of top five highest-paid staff, how many make $120,000 or more: 5

The Rick Hansen Foundation was created in 1988 after Hansen raised $26 million for spinal-cord research by wheeling 40,000 kilometres through 34 countries. Today, the foundation provides funding for a variety of agencies researching spinal-cord injuries, including the International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD) in Vancouver. In 2007, the foundation created the Spinal Cord Injury Alliance, a national network of ser vice providers, researchers and health care practitioners working in the field of spinal-cord injury. According to the foundation, it receives about 37 per cent of its funding from the general public. The rest comes from corporate donors and government.

More details here for RHI

More details here for RHF

And we are just talking about the official info.

...and it is also sad and frustrating for me to be considered a guy who "sit behind a screen and bash" people.. when I am just trying to uncover the truth which we all should be intereasted in..
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    I find it easier to picture them if I split them by month:

8 people earning 5.000$/month
    4 people earning 8.300$/month
    2 people earning 11.600$/month
    4 people earning 15.000$/month
    1 person earning 18.750$/month
    1 person earning more than 30.000$/month
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

And they accuse Bankers of extortionate salaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    And they accuse Bankers of extortionate salaries?
    The Rick Hansen folks use up $4,820,146.oo in salaries. (8 or more make over $120,000.00)

I can't even imagine a $10,000.00 to $30,000.00 monthly income rolling my way every 30 days with all expenses paid.
    I would be ashamed to make that kind of money every month in the sense of "charity" for paralysis when I knew full well folks are donating hard earned wages and think their money is going to curing paralysis and getting people out of wheelchairs. I couldn't sleep at night if I were fleecing people like that. There's tons of people that donate to an organization like that but don't know where the money is actually being spent. These guys earn more than any other organization in Canada including the Cancer Society there. They recieve 79% of their revenue from the Canadian Government and 21% from continued huge fundraising or brilliant investments. The generosity of people who were inspired by Rick's dream resulted in over $26,000,000.00 in donations within the first two years. The Foundation's Board is pretty clever having leverage of $245,000,000. to spend 79% of the government funding and still manage to draw down this kind of money every month for themselves. I think Pat is right...how can there be a cure when career high paid executives dominate the SCI funding field like this?
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Could be why no "Cures" happen with any disease G. It would put the high paying execs. out of a job. This is why I don't donate to any foundation. I give locally or to individuals themselves.

I removed some off-topic posts, if you guys want to get personal, do it by PM.