Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Sorry, I hit edit and both ended up being posted.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

If they don't have anything to hide they should not be afraid to talk to people who have questions to ask.
    If they refuse to talk it means they have some problems...
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

'Vague answer, page one' Just got a new top hitter.. - I'm sure they can come up with a better answer than the 'Fuck you' we just received..
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

[QUOTE=StemCells&AtomBombs;1405933]4. "...leveraged those funds to over $245M, and continues to honour and focus on supporting the original dreams of Rick’s Tour creating an accessible and inclusive society and supporting the search for a cure."

Interesting that 79% of their revenue is from the Canadian Government and not from continued huge fundraising or brilliant investments. The Foundation's leverage is smartly having a board that is influential enough to pull that off.

I havent read ALL of the posts on this thread but if you want to see the financials on any 501c3, it is public record, go to www.guidestar.com

Copies of tax forms are posted along with Executive and Board Member salaries.

RHI doesn't have a 501c Sharon, they're Canadian. I suggested the same and forgot they were.

When organizations and institutions isn’t economically transparent one are asking for a crash landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    RHI doesn't have a 501c Sharon, they're Canadian. I suggested the same and forgot they were.
    You think it is cool having a private tax paid organization doing health care in Canada which Canada could do much cheaper or better? Oh a tea-party republican in Canada I spot

Unfortunately, I did learn in the last few days that the Rick Hanson Foundation has 5 earning more than $120,000 per year ... more than any other organization including Canadian Cancer Society.

That, I will admit, is very disappointing to learn.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...0710/20110710/

http://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/do...tiesVanSun.pdf

2006 Revenues: $36.8 million
    2006 Spending: $11.3 million
    Primary areas of focus:
    Research (50%); support and services for the charitable sector (50%)
    Spending on fundraising and administration: $4.3 million (38% of all spending)
    Of top five highest-paid staff, how many make $120,000 or more: 5

The Rick Hansen Foundation was created in 1988 after Hansen raised $26 million for spinal-cord research by wheeling 40,000 kilometres through 34 countries. Today, the foundation provides funding for a variety of agencies researching spinal-cord injuries, including the International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD) in Vancouver. In 2007, the foundation created the Spinal Cord Injury Alliance, a national network of ser vice providers, researchers and health care practitioners working in the field of spinal-cord injury. According to the foundation, it receives about 37 per cent of its funding from the general public. The rest comes from corporate donors and government.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Unfortunately, I did learn in the last few days that the Rick Hanson Foundation has 5 earning more than $120,000 per year ... more than any other organization including Canadian Cancer Society.

That, I will admit, is very disappointing to learn.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...0710/20110710/

http://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/do...tiesVanSun.pdf

2006 Revenues: $36.8 million
    2006 Spending: $11.3 million
    Primary areas of focus:
    Research (50%); support and services for the charitable sector (50%)
    Spending on fundraising and administration: $4.3 million (38% of all spending)
    Of top five highest-paid staff, how many make $120,000 or more: 5

The Rick Hansen Foundation was created in 1988 after Hansen raised $26 million for spinal-cord research by wheeling 40,000 kilometres through 34 countries. Today, the foundation provides funding for a variety of agencies researching spinal-cord injuries, including the International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD) in Vancouver. In 2007, the foundation created the Spinal Cord Injury Alliance, a national network of ser vice providers, researchers and health care practitioners working in the field of spinal-cord injury. According to the foundation, it receives about 37 per cent of its funding from the general public. The rest comes from corporate donors and government.
    Hi. Wake up - you should have done so long time ago - foundations like this tend to grow, and hire their wife’s and mistresses - what do I know! - they also mix their budgets as for broad government easy funding - meaning the government are happy as long as the organizations spend their yearly income and apply for next years funding, -as long as it has something to do with wheelchairs (in this case, other cases the same). Government money as for huge sums don’t even require the same economical reporting as for smaller organizations. Like the more money, the less follow-up. Meaning scam is more prominent in bigger organizations than smaller organizations, especially since bigger organizations tend to haw a straw in government pockets, and none complains about that maybe since all the annual economical reports tend to be diffuse and manipulated so that the ordinary person will not see it (bigger organizations have clerks to do that) and Canada government is happy since all can claim they have given money and ‘research‘ to the handicapped - there is a word about such Lynnifer, and it is called corruption.