Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    So you think that nobody should ask any financial questions to foundations like this? If so, isn’t that a bit weird stance? I thought one of the jobs for the public was to ask such questions. Especially since government (taxpayer) money and private donated money are involved. The whole idea by asking questions and for foundations to have open transparent detailed books and answer questions is among other things to avoid corruption, to make sure that money spent goes where it supposed to go and also to create a good trustworthy climate between a foundation and the public. By this it is very healthy in any society to ask questions and for the ones questions are raised towards to answer such questions in the best manners possible. I don’t se any wrong with trying to do that. Neither do I see any problems for people outside of Canada asking these questions since ‘international’ is mentioned several places in their portfolio as for SCI cure research. What exactly are you arguing against as for this? Btw. I have not sent any emails to this foundation, I asked some question on the matter at other places some time ago but didn’t get better answers than if I had asked a stone.
    Thank you Leif. That was a very thoughtful response and I hope that you do send the email because I think that many people asking may lead to something better.

I hope they answer and I don't feel anything wrong with asking. I don't live in Canada anymore but the second that Mr. Hansen crossed either ocean he was open to both praise and criticism from anywhere in the world.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Just curious as to how many of you here have donated to the RH Foundation?

Apparently our provincial and federal governments thought it worthy enough to donate tens of millions of dollars. You think they (Canadian taxpayers) were 'duped' as well?

I'm done with this conversation. No matter what foundation does what - you'll still be angry, pointing fingers and trying to blame others for lack of progress.

I am pretty confident that I can say in 26yrs, you yourself will be 'bemoaning' the lack of treatments as well. Wait until you start to age with paralysis, then it really gets 'fun'.
    1. I have never given them a penny (except maybe when he rolled through my hometown when I was a kid) and I won't until they can tell me how much they spend on Cure. Why wouldn't I want to know where my money is going to be spent before I send it to him. I wouldn't buy cheese if no one would tell me how much cheese and what kind of cheese before purchasing it.

2. Taxpayers duped? I don't know yet. I'm waiting for the answer. But not answering will also be telling.

I don't understand your last paragraph and your terrible wish on us. I thought you were nicer than this.
    Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    Thank you Leif. That was a very thoughtful response and I hope that you do send the email because I think that many people asking may lead to something better.

I hope they answer and I don't feel anything wrong with asking. I don't live in Canada anymore but the second that Mr. Hansen crossed either ocean he was open to both praise and criticism from anywhere in the world.
    Dennis,

I’m all for engagement and for supporting people to ask questions like this thread discuss, I think it is important that it is done, but given a person only has so and so much energy and wants to do things right long-term I have more focused on my own country. This due to I know my country better than other countries and due to the fact that I live where I live. This to see how I can influence, work with good folks and to lobby politicians over here for spending more money on basic research and also to help to facilitate a infrastructure for clinical trials. And I believe that we over here has come a long way in those discussions, but off course one always want things to move faster, and that again depends on how much energy one puts into the task and for example if I should have involved myself in any countries internal affairs I wouldn’t have had much time to focus on the tasks over here. Thus I personally have decided for myself to not spend too much energy on other countries but more to see what I can do here at home since I believe that is the smartest way to use energy. I also believe that the model we have chosen over here, for working for clinical trials, easily could be adopted by other folks and countries wanting to work for clinical trials. The working model we have chosen and are working for isn’t particular complicated nor difficult, it only requires some long-term work. And by this, again, if I or others from over here should focus to much on other countries ways on doing things, lesser would be done over here.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    No, I will not be manipulated into what someone else wants me to do.
    Gosh that is the worst possible interpretation of my post!

I didn't intend to manipulate you at all.. but probably others did in the past to make you rise money for RHF

Believe it or not I have a high opinion of you... and I hope sooner or later you will find the streght to pull your head out of the send and "kick" the right ass..

In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Dennis,

I’m all for engagement and for supporting people to ask questions like this thread discuss, I think it is important that it is done, but given a person only has so and so much energy and wants to do things right long-term I have more focused on my own country.
    That's ok, but it would take you just a few seconds...
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

It is legitimate and universally acceptable for any investor/shareholder or any type of stakeholder involved in the company to ask questions on financials, where money spent etc and whether this conforms to company's previously announced target, strategy. There is nothin wrong with drilling down on numbers or no shame in that. Take example of any publically traded company: they have to make data available and then any shareholder can ask tricky questions, vote, disagree with the board etc etc. This discussion should be taken offline with those interested to take it forward and agreeing the constructive way of asking those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Adema View Post
    It is legitimate and universally acceptable for any investor/shareholder or any type of stakeholder involved in the company to ask questions on financials, where money spent etc and whether this conforms to company's previously announced target, strategy. There is nothin wrong with drilling down on numbers or no shame in that. Take example of any publically traded company: they have to make data available and then any shareholder can ask tricky questions, vote, disagree with the board etc etc. This discussion should be taken offline with those interested to take it forward and agreeing the constructive way of asking those questions.
    I totally agree.... Info, info, info
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

We're at 95 emails, about 20 more than the first question.

In Vancouver at present it's Friday, 5 August 2011, 01:37:58.
    This means that closing time will be in about 16 hours. If you haven't signed yet, please do.

Dennis
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

With two more from France just in, we are now at 100 emails to RHF, and still no answer.

It is now Friday, 4 August at 8:50 and I imagine that they start work at 9:00AM. We'll see if they answer in about 8 hours.
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King