Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    No, I will not be manipulated into what someone else wants me to do.
    The same can be said if someone has been duped for years and then after a while deep inside knows they might have been fooled, then the human nature is that it takes maybe an ever longer time to admit it.

Why would you say something like that?

Paolo just remembered you the logical option available that you should have figured out to do by yourself (did that sentence make sense? headache is killing my already poor english). It makes perfect sense to me: Canadian, Rick supporter for a long time and injured for enough time to see that RHF hasn't done very much on the cure side.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

I must say those research figures from the CDRF are impressive.

I don't get that idea reading its website - it seems to be all 'care' issues and how great life in a wheelchair is etc etc.

"Manipulated" is a bit dramatic, no? Especially in light of the fact that just the other day you were bemoaning the slow pace of the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The same can be said if someone has been duped for years and then after a while deep inside knows they might have been fooled, then the human nature is that it takes maybe an ever longer time to admit it.
    You're trying to manipulate her into realizing that rick hansen has lied to her for years, aren't you? You clever s.o.b...

Surely we should ask Patrick Madsen, afterall he's known the guy for 38 years. Lynnifer doesn't want to do it so we shouldn't force her.

Just curious as to how many of you here have donated to the RH Foundation?

Apparently our provincial and federal governments thought it worthy enough to donate tens of millions of dollars. You think they (Canadian taxpayers) were 'duped' as well?

I'm done with this conversation. No matter what foundation does what - you'll still be angry, pointing fingers and trying to blame others for lack of progress.

I am pretty confident that I can say in 26yrs, you yourself will be 'bemoaning' the lack of treatments as well. Wait until you start to age with paralysis, then it really gets 'fun'.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I know how you feel Lynnifer. But after 29 years and age 53 I am still hopeful.

I also agree that there's not much point to this thread. Noone else has found a cure yet either - we should move on and support promising projects - if Rick Hansen's organizations won't itemize research dollars then each of us has the option of not contributing.

CDRF seems to be better but I still don't sense any urgency when visiting the website - when you're in a chair time is precious, whereas I've always found it hard to find any researcher or doctor who feels the sense of urgency. Wise is an exception here I believe.

Just curious as to how many of you here have donated to the RH Foundation?

Apparently our provincial and federal governments thought it worthy enough to donate tens of millions of dollars. You think they (Canadian taxpayers) were 'duped' as well?

I'm done with this conversation. No matter what foundation does what - you'll still be angry, pointing fingers and trying to blame others for lack of progress.

I am pretty confident that I can say in 26yrs, you yourself will be 'bemoaning' the lack of treatments as well. Wait until you start to age with paralysis, then it really gets 'fun'.
    So you think that nobody should ask any financial questions to foundations like this? If so, isn’t that a bit weird stance? I thought one of the jobs for the public was to ask such questions. Especially since government (taxpayer) money and private donated money are involved. The whole idea by asking questions and for foundations to have open transparent detailed books and answer questions is among other things to avoid corruption, to make sure that money spent goes where it supposed to go and also to create a good trustworthy climate between a foundation and the public. By this it is very healthy in any society to ask questions and for the ones questions are raised towards to answer such questions in the best manners possible. I don’t se any wrong with trying to do that. Neither do I see any problems for people outside of Canada asking these questions since ‘international’ is mentioned several places in their portfolio as for SCI cure research. What exactly are you arguing against as for this? Btw. I have not sent any emails to this foundation, I asked some question on the matter at other places some time ago but didn’t get better answers than if I had asked a stone.

You need to wake up.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)