Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 178

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

  1. #121
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    No it sugests that I couldn't be bothered to spend time researching. I don't know why I even bothered replying to your posts as you seem to believe that what you think is the only opinon..


    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    That suggest me that you are confused, probably because they are confusing people....
    What is wrong in what you wrote here above?

  2. #122
    paolocipolla and StemCells&AtomBombs thank you guys for all you do. some people you just cant reach, they are to confused or have there head so deep in the sand that its useless. keep up the good work and lets keep asking questions.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

    <----Scott Weiland---->

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    No it sugests that I couldn't be bothered to spend time researching. I don't know why I even bothered replying to your posts as you seem to believe that what you think is the only opinon..
    Canuck,

    you have tried many times to defend the various RH orgs providing inaccurate facts.

    For example RHI does not give money to ICORD. Why don't you ck things before you write. This info it is available. Then it is also true that the whole RH orgs world it is rather complex to understand and so is how $ are spinned around...

    You have RHF, RHI, ICORD, Bolssom Center, UBC, now also the newly established Rick Hansen Leadership Group (RHLG).
    I hope I didn't forget anything.

    Since you live there and are supporting the RH orgs, I would expect you to be much more informed than me and possibly explain me how the whole thing works.

    I am interested in hearing different opinions than mine, for example I desagree most of the times with Patrick Madsen, but I have learned many interesting things from what he has posted.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    paolocipolla and StemCells&AtomBombs thank you guys for all you do. some people you just cant reach, they are to confused or have there head so deep in the sand that its useless. keep up the good work and lets keep asking questions.
    Thanks ineedmyelin, I just do what I can, what I believe it is right and morally compelling.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  5. #125
    SO why are they still posting things like this on their facebook page if they are not funding research. Isn't this a lie then? Am I missing something, because I really can not go back and read all 12 pages of this right now.

    When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/
    See More
    Last edited by addiesue; 08-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    SO why are they still posting things like this on their facebook page if they are not funding research. Isn't this a lie then? Am I missing something, because I really can not go back and read all 12 pages of this right now.

    When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/
    See More
    It's unbelievable!

    A few posts below they said in a comment:
    We understand CNS regeneration is your priority, and we share your optimism for the future of this promising form of research. Again,
    please remember that RHI is funded by Health Canada and several provincial government partners to carry out translational research. Translational research refers to the development and application of new technologies and treatments into clinical practices that promise to lead to improvements in patient care. As such, the Rick Hansen Institute does not at the moment fund any early stage pre-clinical stem cell therapy research...

    They are not just lieing, it's a scam in my opinion!
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  7. #127
    My comment was removed. I just stated, "Does he realize how much is going toward research?"
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


    Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

  8. #128
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    paolocipolla and StemCells&AtomBombs thank you guys for all you do. some people you just cant reach, they are to confused or have there head so deep in the sand that its useless. keep up the good work and lets keep asking questions.

    I second that
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    My comment was removed. I just stated, "Does he realize how much is going toward research?"
    I don't think he's aware of the facts yet.

  10. #130
    Paolo and stemcellatom,

    I commend your efforts for transparency. I like your attitude and I find it refreshing. It is empowering for this movement to challenge the status quo.

Similar Threads

  1. Send a question to the new CEO of Rick Hansen Foundation
    By StemCells&AtomBombs in forum Cure
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 12:25 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 08:42 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
  4. Rick Hansen foundation given $4 million for spinal cord program
    By Leif in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •