Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

I think we're done berating the foundation, the question is now what to do? With-hold donations and request others to do so including the government? I'm sure they'd gladly do that ..
    I think the best thing that could happen is that RHF starts spending money in SCI cure.
    For that to happen probably it is necessary to identify the people in RHF that are responsable for all that situation. They should be fired.

If Rick Hansen himself is responsable then it is a bigger problem..

So I think that at the moment whoever has the possibilty to talk to Rick Hansen and people of his org should try to see if there is a possibilty they will consider to change direction.
    If they are open we can propose them to consider supporting clinical trials and lab research that we know is promising.

If I were Rick I will be visiting labs every day to constantly monitor progress to determine day by day where is best to direct money.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    If I were Rick I will be visiting labs every day to constantly monitor progress to determine day by day where is best to direct money.
    I don't think he knows the science you know. What about merging it to the Hansen-Cipolla Foundation? hahah

About the general RHF situation, it's too valuable to try to spoil it, that's not our objective. We have to make them do what they say they are doing but we know they are not.

Corruption, influences... aaah, different day same old shit.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    It gets worse, folks.

Here's the response they posted on their Facebook page. The answer to our question is indeed 0%.
    Quote:
    We understand CNS regeneration is your priority, and we share your optimism for the future of this promising form of research. Again, please remember that RHI is funded by Health Canada and several provincial government partners to carry ou...t translational research. Translational research refers to the development and application of new technologies and treatments into clinical practices that promise to lead to improvements in patient care. As such, the Rick Hansen Institute does not at the moment fund any early stage pre-clinical stem cell therapy research. This does not preclude future funding for late stage pre-clinical studies imminently ready for translation to human clinical trials. Our next funding cycle begins in 2012, at which time all our projects -- in stream and new -- will come under review.

We trust this information clarifies your questions and helps you understand the nature of our work.

If you havent seen this go to RHI FB page and look the comments to the

post of August 5 :

https://www.facebook.com/RickHansenInstitute?ref=ts

Rick Hansen Institute
    RHI has just released our 2010-2011 Annual Report. To view, please visi...

I think we seriously have to do something about this.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
    -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Unfortunately, I did learn in the last few days that the Rick Hanson Foundation has 5 earning more than $120,000 per year ... more than any other organization including Canadian Cancer Society.

That, I will admit, is very disappointing to learn.

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...0710/20110710/

http://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/do...tiesVanSun.pdf

2006 Revenues: $36.8 million
    2006 Spending: $11.3 million
    Primary areas of focus:
    Research (50%); support and services for the charitable sector (50%)
    Spending on fundraising and administration: $4.3 million (38% of all spending)
    Of top five highest-paid staff, how many make $120,000 or more: 5

The Rick Hansen Foundation was created in 1988 after Hansen raised $26 million for spinal-cord research by wheeling 40,000 kilometres through 34 countries. Today, the foundation provides funding for a variety of agencies researching spinal-cord injuries, including the International Collaboration on Repair Discoveries (ICORD) in Vancouver. In 2007, the foundation created the Spinal Cord Injury Alliance, a national network of ser vice providers, researchers and health care practitioners working in the field of spinal-cord injury. According to the foundation, it receives about 37 per cent of its funding from the general public. The rest comes from corporate donors and government.
    I think we have the right to find out who these 5 people are.

What have they done for people with SCI to get so much money? If they have done great things they should be happy to let us know who they are.

If they have made really great things they may deserve even more than what they got...

I see the FB post and comments, however i don't see the comment link or option

on my fb page i see comment option

the comment option is there until i login

help
    Last edited by Leo; 08-12-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I see the FB post and comments, however i don't see the comment link or option

on my fb page i see comment option

help
    Make sure you "LIKE" the page first. That should allow you to comment.
    Unless You have been banned like me -LOL-
    I can Just read and share now.

Before I and others started asking difficult questions it was also possible to post on their wall. Now you can't anymore.

On Rick Hansen athlet FB page the wall is still open for posts:

https://www.facebook.com/rickhansenfdn?ref=ts

Make sure you "LIKE" the page first. That should allow you to comment.
    Unless You have been banned like me -LOL-
    I can Just read and share now.

Before I and others started asking difficult questions it was also possible to post on their wall. Now you can't anymore.

On Rick Hansen athlet FB page the wall is still open for posts:

https://www.facebook.com/rickhansenfdn?ref=ts

Thanks, got it.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

I think we have the right to find out who these 5 people are.

What have they done for people with SCI to get so much money? If they have done great things they should be happy to let us know who they are.

If they have made really great things they may deserve even more than what they got...
    I'll be interested to find out the credentials of the rest of the top earners.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I'll be interested to find out the credentials of the rest of the top earners.
    These salaries are on the low end for highly qualified researchers in the U.S. It is hard for me to understand why what they make is an issue if they have the potential advance the science.

The new CEO recently announced isn't a researcher ... his background seems to be in PR/fundraising. There would be no researchers working for the foundation, as far as I could guess.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12