Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Living Alone

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    geesh! lol! i am much simpler than you guys! i use a thick bath towel on my lap and as for baskets...the plastic toy bin kind i bought for kid when he was 3 are good!
    There are a lot of simple ways to haul groceries or supplies, but I love me a pretty purse or bag. So why not get one you enjoy and that reflects your style?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

You have to admit that those store baskets hold A LOT. Seems like I can get 3 paper bags of stuff in one of those. One of the local big name grocery stores that I have gone to for years must have started using a new basket. A few weeks ago I filled the basket to full and when I emptied the basket I had a nasty deep purple indention in my leg where the bottom of the basket dug into it (I was wearing shorts). The weight seemed to be about the same as I've done before and I usually wear shorts. I've had a slight indentation but nothing like this. I thought to myself I need to watch this next time. Well next time I only had a few items and forgot about the deep idention and it happened again. I have been to another store since with no issues with their baskets. I'll have to make certain I have something under those baskets when I go back to that store again.

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    There are a lot of simple ways to haul groceries or supplies, but I love me a pretty purse or bag. So why not get one you enjoy and that reflects your style?
    what? my kid's bright red, yellow or blue toy bin baskets aren't stylish? ok, i admit it, i have numerous canvas bags from all my travels...heh heh, but they are harder to tote around (pun intended )