Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About TM

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    lynnifer
    I agree who knows what causes TM. I also had a vacination two weeks prior to getting TM (and a cold). I think it is caused by several factors happening at the same time.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    Kari
    We all feel for you. At this point, you need to be taking it a day at a time.

You might ask your doctor if your blood needs to be filtered. I don't know how much help this is, but there is a process, similar to dialysis, where they filter your blood to make sure there isn't something foreign in your blood that your body is reacting to negatively. After I was on steroids for a few days, they filtered my blood about four or five times about three days between each. I didn't improve from the filtering (which they seemed to want) but maybe I didn't get any worse becasue of it.

You will probably be starting physical theapy soon. Go at it gung-ho.

Wish you the best.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN12many View Post
    Since we're talking TM, I am wondering how many of you, with any autoimmune diseases are gluten sensitive?
    Not me.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Hi all!

Hello everyone! Just joined and posted my story/current issues on the forum.
    I had Idiopathic Acute Transverse Myelitis at age 19 and a hospitalization for reoccurance at age 21. Now at age 27 I fear that a reoccurance may be happening again =(

It is SUCH a strange illness in that most neurologist just look at you and scratch their heads. So frustrating!

Fortunately I didn't end up in a wheelchair. Only nerve damage to the left side of my body which has extremely subsided over the years until recently.

And to Kari- It's normal to feel like the neurologists don't know what they're doing, because in actuality, for the most part, they don't! Sadly...

It's hard to get a good doc to actually help. Let us know how you are doing!

Hello, Does anyone know how the lesion gets in the level from TM is it the cause which is mostly unknown or is imflamation liquid . cause i got a sharp pain in lower back then i got paralized. now when its hot like its been that part of my back really hurts. since my new mris said inflamation is no longer visibal. i was told to see an orthepedic surgen from friends they said i could of hurt my back after being parelized. i walk with a walker does any one have any thoughts on that. hope i posted right place

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Not here.

I'd had a vaccination about a year before my onset. Also was on prednisone orally at the time for a bad allergic reaction to corn detassling which lowers your immune system and I was fighting asthma pretty bad. I was into my second week of treatment when TM struck quick.

I'd also been punched in the back square where its onset is a month prior at school. Also fell off a horse with enough force to make a 12yr old normal girl pee her pants!

Who knows what causes it.
    wow lynn, sounds like high school was fun for you too.

welcome to care cure community, lots of info here.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    wow lynn, sounds like high school was fun for you too.
    Paralyzed in the summer months between grade 7 & 8 - that's still grade school here! High school is 9-OAC (5yrs, though they're working to drop that fifth year here). I've never revealed the name of the person who struck me ... but it was over boys (of course - bain of my existence!)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hello, Today is the 3rd anniversery of tm. and i got that sharp pain in my back the one that causes me pain now mostly summer which is weird within an hr. i felt the life going out of my legs all the way up to allmost waist. never forget that horribal feeling. dont have to tell anyone who felt that what it was like t11 L1 S1

Mine was a spinal infarct at C6/6 May 25, 1992. Hurts like a hell.

I also detasseled corn in junior/senior high and had a reaction to a spraying that had me at a dermatologist for a few appointments.

Bente, there is a group of people with TM who go on to get MS. Have you ever asked to be tested for the TM markers in case they lead to MS? Or maybe your TM went to MS at the time you started using a chair and more recently your bladder problems. Maybe you do have the milder form of MS?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.