Thread: Cheap car for wheelchair user- Oregon

Cheap car for wheelchair user- Oregon

1978 Ford Fairmont, Braun chair topper, hand controls

This car gave me lots of dependable miles... but I got a new (to me) 1994 van so my car needs a new home now.

It has 170k+ miles on it, but motor was replaced with a new one at around 100k, so it only has around 70k on the engine. Monarch hand controls, Braun chair topper.

The only problem it has, as far as I know, is that the gas gauge doesn't work. I just kept track of my mileage, so it didn't bother me enough to get it fixed!

It has a 200 cu in 6 cylinder motor and gets 18-19mpg. It's has an automatic transmission. Power steering and power brakes. No air conditioning.

THE CAR'S MAIN NEGATIVE FOR SALE IS: IT'S NOT PRETTY!! Upholstery is very worn, carpet is trashed, dash is brittle, paint is faded. However, it's been sitting out in the rain, and no leaks. Wasn't driven for over a year, yet after recharging the battery it started right up! Windshield and other glass is good, tires good, only minor body dings (no crunched fenders etc).

I don't know if already paid registration is transferable to a new Oregon owner, but registration is current to Mar.2012.

It's located in Southern Oregon near Medford. I’m not transporting it anywhere, so buyer would need to pick it up here…

PRICE IS ONLY $600 CASH!! [Yes... that's only SIX HUNDRED $$$ !!]

I don't want to junk my faithful car.... Doesn't someone out there need a dependable, functional though slightly ugly old car... that is already equipped with hand controls and a rooftop wheelchair carrier???

[Bigger pics available if needed]
    Last edited by Farm97527; 07-30-2011 at 09:36 PM.