Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good backpack?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    ...anybody no why sometimes when you attach pictures they show up automatically and other times it only gives links?

AFAIK, CC doesn't allow users to upload files as post attachments to their server with the "paper clip" button.

I think that is the jist of why just the link shows up; it's based on what tags/attachment process is used. Database insertion (paper clip) or external reference using IMG tags (mountain button).

I could totally stand corrected, of course!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I just got this under-chair bag, and quit using my backpack. I don't know yet whether or not I like the new bag. I wanted to try it because I don't get into my backpack too often, and the stuff I tend to carry there is heavy, so the backpack was really affecting my balance going up steep hills with my MagicWheels (I also use a small bag up front and a catchall). I haven't tested it up a hill yet, though.

My chair's cross bar prevents me from hanging the bag as high as I'd like. It won't fit above the bar under my solid seat pan. I'm considering getting a no-drop crossbar (per Stephen212) on my next chair. (I absolutely love having access to all the ideas available on CCC.)
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Next time I will just do one picture at a time, closing the box each time, adding some text.
    If you have four pictures to post and you want a picture to show up instead of a link, you will have to post one picture per message. You will have four messages or posts, one right after the other.

All the best,
    GJ

Or if you want up to four pics to show as pics (not links):

Attachment 50303

You can Go Advanced, Manage Attachments,

Attachment 50304

Browse and Upload to up to four (I think) pics:

Attachment 50305

Then insert the pics into the message:

Attachment 50306
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Panthera just came out with a very nice backpack:

A little pricey at $80 but it's well designed and made.
    I think you can purchase it from Triumphmobility.com

I am using a Camelbak, those that you can buy from bicycle shops. I bought it without the bladder as I do not carry drinks inside the bag (which would also make it heavy).

I like the Camelbak as it has many zippers & compartments. Plus its meant for outdoor use, hence it is extremely well made, robust and light. Its definitely more expensive, but I also feel bags made specifically for wheelchair users are way overpriced considering the cheap material used and its workmanship.

With Camelbak, its made for cyclist and they are well made, weatherproof, light, uses good materials & very well engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    The Camelback is also a backpack? I like to carry layers with me, at least a jacket and a vest. My quickie is stuffed with just these two things. I also carry a bottle of water, some tools and extras. It's not a lot but I'd like bag that doesn't make me feel like I'm delivering a baby when I reach in for something. Went with the Sportaid bag for more than ten years, but it was so cheaply made the ziipers always failed even before the frabric shredded. The Quickie is rugged with great zippers but I need a more capacity.

No WalMart's near me. I can hit up REI but I really like having something made for a chair. I don't have those long heavy padded straps digging into my back. Thanks for the tip though, I will check out the Camelback. They do make great stuff. I guess REI would have them and it's always fun going there :-)
    I have the sport aid front bag with Caths, tools, wallet phone etc... Very handy, removable from chair to chair and great if you want to go out without a real bag.
    At the back, I hang an old fashioned school bag or messenger bag on the hook of my freewheel...
    For my water bottle I attached a cf bike bottle on the front right tube... Water always in my sight, reminds me to keep hydrated (it is 42deg C where I am...)

I use the same hook to hang my shopping bags. Dead handy.

Ck

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I just got this under-chair bag, and quit using my backpack. I don't know yet whether or not I like the new bag. I wanted to try it because I don't get into my backpack too often, and the stuff I tend to carry there is heavy, so the backpack was really affecting my balance going up steep hills with my MagicWheels (I also use a small bag up front and a catchall). I haven't tested it up a hill yet, though..)
    That's the bag I've been dying to get. Its available on eBay for $53 and free shipping. I definitely want it before I go back to school (whenever I get that to happen) because I think it's the best option for text books or a laptop.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.