Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good backpack?

Can anyone recommend a good backpack?

I am about to replace my Quickie backpack with a new one, but it really has never been big enough. Can anyone recommend something that's chair friendly/made for chairs and is a little bigger?

I'd like to hear what other folks are using and like. I wish there was a shop I could go to and look but that ain't gonna happen.

So what bag have you found that you really like? Please let me know.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Go to WalMart and try out the backpacks or book bags. I have a little one for everyday use, and a larger one for when I need to have more stuff with me.
    Last edited by Donno; 07-29-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

camelback, with water reservoir... cant beat it
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

The Camelback is also a backpack? I like to carry layers with me, at least a jacket and a vest. My quickie is stuffed with just these two things. I also carry a bottle of water, some tools and extras. It's not a lot but I'd like bag that doesn't make me feel like I'm delivering a baby when I reach in for something. Went with the Sportaid bag for more than ten years, but it was so cheaply made the ziipers always failed even before the frabric shredded. The Quickie is rugged with great zippers but I need a more capacity.

No WalMart's near me. I can hit up REI but I really like having something made for a chair. I don't have those long heavy padded straps digging into my back. Thanks for the tip though, I will check out the Camelback. They do make great stuff. I guess REI would have them and it's always fun going there :-)

I use a regular old NorthFace backpack and it works out well. I put big rings on the zippers to be able to open it easily, and it has a ton of pockets including water bottle holders on both sides (mesh pockets for that). Once upon a time I use to pay for wheelchair specific backpacks until it dawned on me that the standard issue ones are just as good and sometimes better.

I use one from here: http://www.wheelchairgear.com/
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I just get the walmart ones, but avoid the ones with plastice zippers. I thing their brand is North sport, or North something. They last a long time.

that's the one, north Face.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    The Camelback is also a backpack? I like to carry layers with me, at least a jacket and a vest. My quickie is stuffed with just these two things. I also carry a bottle of water, some tools and extras. It's not a lot but I'd like bag that doesn't make me feel like I'm delivering a baby when I reach in for something. Went with the Sportaid bag for more than ten years, but it was so cheaply made the ziipers always failed even before the frabric shredded. The Quickie is rugged with great zippers but I need a more capacity.

No WalMart's near me. I can hit up REI but I really like having something made for a chair. I don't have those long heavy padded straps digging into my back. Thanks for the tip though, I will check out the Camelback. They do make great stuff. I guess REI would have them and it's always fun going there :-)
    before you go anywhere i bought a brand new one on ebay for 30 bucks cheaper then they have it listed on company site
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I tried about 40 backpacks before settling on this one: http://www.etrailer.com/Cargo-Bags/T...BP-117BGD.html

It fits great on the back of my ZRA-2
    Last edited by t8burst; 07-29-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: posted wrong model