• It don't matter to me

1 1.64%
  • Other (You better EXPLAIN)

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To walk or to feel?

To walk or to feel?

Since I've ben here, the MOST important thing for A LOT ofpeople seems to be sexual function/sensation recovery. So, this brings me to my question, what would you choose? (Imagining you can't have the cake and eat it all at once).
    And please, care to expain

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...

A small clarification

My sex life is not the only thing I want to recover. To be free of the constant pins and needles, to be able to feel my bladder or bowel needs are most important to me. Being able to walk will not make me think any clearer or faster, it will just make it easier to be "lost in the crowd".

Once the cure for SCI is found I will have to start on a cure for TBI. Most member's here have only SCI to overcome. There are some of us who have further battles to fight.

"And so it begins."

walk or sex

Being a 52 yo post menapausal woman I'd much rather get up and walk into the bedroom than wheel in.I'd rather run after my grandchildren than wheel after them. I'd rather walk up the stairs into the little antique shops I used to go to than have to sit outside and window shop.I'd rather just walk!

JHM and TD

I'm 26 and I feel the exact same u do JHM, that's why I did this Poll, IMO even though the sex part of life is primary, I feel much more frustration by not being able to walk rather than by not feelin (most of the time). I also have a terrible time with the issue of being a "woman" and after a "baby" waiting to get washed, dressed, etc. but that's no topic for the cure forum.
    OTOH I read a lot of post where people would be satisfied enough by just recovering b/b/sex functions... I guess its just a matter of priorities

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...

Screw sex. I want my mobility, independence, and sensation. There are other activities besides intercourse, I'm told.

sex or mobility

Mobility anyday. Who would want to turn on the call button for help when you got horny?

I'd gladly suffer in silence. No question I would take an invisible disability over a wheelchair anyday.

i can wait for sex, i need my freedom now.

Yes Da...

...the first time is always the best time....or was it the 864th time? I can't remember...either way losing your virginity should be a thrill for ya.

Sexual function is not a priority. Walking is not a priority. Being able to play the piano again, however, would make me absolutely ecstatic.