Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thought TiLite was suppose to have good customer service

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live

thought TiLite was suppose to have good customer service

My new Zr2 was obviously made wrong, but after my phone call this morning I can see they are gonna dispute it. My old Zr was a 14x16 standard length frame, i had to cut the seat pan back a little to get it off my legs. So, my new Zr2 was ordered 14 x 15 and paid extra for 2" added to frame depth, so basically a 17" frame making it an inch longer than my Zr, at least that was the thinking when we made out the order.
    I noticed when I got the new chair it didn't appear any longer than my old one, I compared the 2 side to side and it was about the same, so I thought, great the DME screwed up. I finally found my notes and it was supposse to be a 17" frame depth. My DME confirmed that is what was ordered and according to the new Tilite serial number lookup, it IS a 17" chair depth.
    Here's the thing, the chairs have same front/back angles and options. My old Zr(16" frame) is 21 5/8" overall length and my new Zr2(17" frame) is actually shorter @ 21 3/8". The response I got from Tilite is I should have checked my CAd drawing(that I never got). So, I asked the simple question, shouldn't a 17" Zr2 Be an inch longer than a 16" Zr series one, or did they change the way they measure the frame? She couldn't give me an answer and told me to contact my DME.
    What a joke, my DME is gonna have fun with this. Oh, and of course this was a medicare deal, so he had little, if any profit.

There was a time, in the earlier days, where TIlite would have exchanged it no questions asked. Course that was the days when they were foirst starting out. Sounds like they've joined the ranks of Quickie and Top End; they don't need good customer service anymore.

From what's been happening to you and others, it looks like I'll be going elsewhere for my next chair; perhaps Lasher or Oracing. They are small enough that the customer satisfaction is a prime goal.

Sorry to hear about this.

I noticed when I got the new chair it has an extra set of holes in the fendered sides. Intersting the extra holes would have matched up perfectly if mounted on a chair that was an inch longer. DME has been on phone with TiLite several times today and not getting much.
    might have to get a Lasher so I can be cool, like Tooley

Blog Entries
    So ask for the CAD drawing and see what that shows.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Sorry to hear about your chair problem. That is a head scratcher.

TiLite makes CAD drawings available upon request when ordering a new chair. I didn't receive one when I ordered my ZR1 back on '05 because I wasn't aware they were available. I did, however, receive it years later (Spinlife, the vendor, requested it on my behalf). You should request the CADs of both of your chairs and compare them. If the build deviated from the CAD I don't see how they can argue against replacement.

As to the issue of poor customer support: there's no excuse.

Customer Service/Support at TiLite has been hit or miss. I have had good luck with Dominic and Josh. I would definitely keep calling and make your issue heard (don't let it fall on deaf ears). Your chair was not made as ordered, and that is not acceptable.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    DME has been on phone with TiLite several times today and not getting much.
    might have to get a Lasher so I can be cool, like Tooley
    the guys at TiLite probably put you on muted speaker-phone and just laugh their asses off. I know I would. Good luck. Oh, and I already warned Bill Lasher to build your chair out of paper mache if you order one.

tooley, i wouldn't believe any recommendation for equipment from an ass like you anyway.

so, looking through the CAD repository I see the problem. They seem to measure from the front mounting hole of the back? This could be why a chair with the newer folding back IS an inch shorter, the mounting holes in the new backrest are closer together and the forward hole is about an inch father to the rear of the chair as compare to the early Zr2/series one backs. (the front mounting screw on the back is even with the back, where the older style back hardware had the front mounting screw an inch in front of the back post) seems as they should be measuring from the actual back, not the mounting holes, as this difference is changing the chair length and putting the footrest even closer than their already short frame. since the CAD doesn't show the back post, not sure how one would catch this before hand?