Thread: fampridine-sr(4-ap)

fampridine-sr(4-ap)

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME IF AND WHEN FAMPRIDINE-4AP WILL BE APROVED
    BY THE F.D.A.

THANK YOU.. JOHN FOSTER..

Phase III trials are starting. Open label trials after that. Hopefully it will be within a couple years.

Search on "4-AP" and "FDA" for loads of information.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

John, 4AP is available now at compounding pharmacies.

Open label trials are already starting according to a friend of mine who went through the 2A with me but at a different site. He's in Chicago and I went to Richmond. The open label is only for those who have already been in a trial while the phase 3 is for naive subjects (never have tried 4-AP).

Speaking of 4AP, the local news just ran a story about it. It featured 2 SCI's who claimed they experienced significant return while taking the drug.

Help for Spinal Cord Injuries

An experimental drug called 4-AP is showing promising results in people with spinal cord injuries. It may able to help these patients move their legs again and control their bowel and bladder functions. Health Team 9 takes an indepth look at the new drug. Watch Now

http://www.baynews9.com/

After clicking on the link, click the "health team 9" button on the left menu, then click on the "past stories" link.

Originally posted by seneca:

Speaking of 4AP, the local news just ran a story about it. It featured 2 SCI's who claimed they experienced significant return while taking the drug.

Help for Spinal Cord Injuries

An experimental drug called 4-AP is showing promising results in people with spinal cord injuries. It may able to help these patients move their legs again and control their bowel and bladder functions. Health Team 9 takes an indepth look at the new drug. Watch Now

http://www.baynews9.com/

After clicking on the link, click the "health team 9" button on the left menu, then click on the "past stories" link.
    I got the video to come up but the sound was not good. Had to turn my volume all the way up to hear it and then still couldn't hear what the Doctors was saying. Did anyone else have that problem? I'm so ready to try 4-AP and tired of waiting. My Doctor now says it's going to be the end of July and the begining of August before the trials start here. Who knows when they will start?? I live in Arkansas and hoping to be a part of the trials at the hospital there in Little Rock. It's going to be a 6 hour drive round trip but if it improves anything like spasm it will be worth it.

Had the same problems with the sound

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...