Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condo for Sarah

Condo for Sarah

I just wanted to share some great news with all of you - mostly because it seems like I am always posting something emotional about Sarah.

Yesterday I closed on a condo for Sarah. Her and a friend will be moving on Friday. Her condo is truly less than 2 minutes from our house so we will be able to get to her very quick - which is comforting.

When we first started the discussions about her decision, I freaked out. But as time went on, I came to the realization that this is exactly what we all need. Sarah needs her independence and needs to live her own life. On the other hand, she will still have to see me a few times a week for the things that I do for her personally - so....she's not getting away from me that easy!

I just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of Sarah. It has been 2 1/2 years since her injury - and WOW - she has come a long way! I am going to miss her being there with us but as of Friday....we are empty nesters! YAY!!

congrats on the new digs!!! this is definitely a positive move forward!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

The bittersweet role we assume as parents and in your case compounded by the fact yours is a child with a sci - along with so many others here !

This moment takes me back to a post by Sci Mom in our Journal in Caregiving when her daughter left for college - http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...9469#post49469 - we all celebrated with her as we do with you now Sarah's Mom !!! Congrats and well done - Mazel tov !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

This is great news. 2 1/2 years? I think that is even better. You have a right to be proud and thank-you for sharing this.
    Life is tough, so we must celebrate the victories too.

I remember my first time leaving home after injury. It was scary but I survived and I am sure Sarah will also... and no regrets!
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

wonderful. Dont we raise them to be able to live and be happy on their own?
    I miss my kids, but am proud of their efforts to be grown up and independent.

what great news,
    Good luck sarah and sarah's mom.

Go Sarah! A big leap toward independence. Mom, be available if needed but don't be a helicopter.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Congrats! My son has been out on his own for 2 years now! This will be so good for Sarah! It will make a huge difference in her life!

Oh, i am so glad. This gives me goosebumps! Thank you so much for letting us know.

This is fantastic for both of you! A very big congratulations, and it seems to be the best of both worlds in that she can feel independent and yet also know that you are literally just moments away if she needs help. I was injured at 17 and lived at home far too long, partially because back then it wasn't so easy to find accessible housing, but I do believe my life would have been better had I gotten out on my own sooner. Fantastic!!