Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Send a question to the new CEO of Rick Hansen Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    No, because I don't like this 'bombard them with emails asking the same question' approach and I don't hear any researcher yet claiming to have a sure-fire treatment for paralysis that the foundation can get behind.

You could always protest-in-person the 25th relay next year - it's their biggest planned event since the Man in Motion tour 25yrs ago and is being held nation-wide so pick your Canadian destination.

If you can get RHF to give an honest answer in a nice way I stop that (for myself, but I don't control other peole at all) for sure immediatly as I don't enjoy it at all!!

I think they (RHF) have been screwed by some researchers too....
    But often research just takes time to fin solutions even for the good researchers that really want to get us out of w/c.

If Rick can find 5 minutes to talk to me things could be cleared easly & quicly.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    If Rick can find 5 minutes to talk to me things could be cleared easly & quicly.
    I wish this were true, but it's obvious that you think all these organizations are corporate criminals. I'm just saying that no one is going to respond with the harsh attitude.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I wish this were true, but it's obvious that you think all these organizations are corporate criminals. I'm just saying that no one is going to respond with the harsh attitude.

Maybe the problem is that they don't have valid arguments.. and no balls too!

Okay, that must be it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

...and BTW, FYI I have asked questions privately & kindly several times with no answer before.. that caused my present attitude.

As a former CC moderator you will for sure remember I use to be a nice CC member..

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

About what to do next I would consider getting the media involved.

Recently I have seen this story about the cancer society:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/...y-funding.html

I think CBC could be interested in digging in what RHF does.

Paolo
    Hey guys, I am a reporter with the CBC.... and follow this site a lot as a T4 incomplete.
    I'll poke around... and send me any info as well.
    But it's a little touchy -- the Rick Hansen foundation has done a lot for Canadians and awareness around the world. Let me see what I can pull.

cool tara
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

You could always protest-in-person the 25th relay next year - it's their biggest planned event since the Man in Motion tour 25yrs ago and is being held nation-wide so pick your Canadian destination.
    ^^This! Come on over Paolo! You too Stemcells! I bet you can meet Rick in Vancouver.. After all, it seems to me that you want this CANADIAN organsation to cure SCI the least you can do is spend a couple bucks here.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Hey guys, I am a reporter with the CBC.... and follow this site a lot as a T4 incomplete.
    I'll poke around... and send me any info as well.
    But it's a little touchy -- the Rick Hansen foundation has done a lot for Canadians and awareness around the world. Let me see what I can pull.
    Thanks Tara. No one wants to disparage Rick, the concern is that within the last few years the RHI has shifted away from a care/ cure balance to the point where "cure" is just part of a feel-good catchphrase rather than a fully funded objective, ie, forward movement toward clinical trials. Or maybe we're wrong. Either way, it would be nice to get an answer to a simple question.

Hopefully once we get a answer another organisation can be hammered on, you know the other ones "that don't care about sci cure" like Miami Project, Reeve etc, hey maybe even question a few european organizations.

Yeah I'm grumpy but I'm getting tired of one organization always getting hammered. I know "can't hit them all" but honestly why are a bunch of Europeans putting RHI in their crosshairs as the target of opportunity? If you're going to question one question all the organisations and all the major scientists, how much of the money raised for Keirsted sp? Wise et all is spent directly on research? vs. how much is spent on admin, none reasearch related salaries.