Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Send a question to the new CEO of Rick Hansen Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Be sure to know the background, expertise and affiliates before launching. The new CEO of RHI is highly connected in television. It's his old stomping ground. He knows all the insiders. He's all about publicity...

Art Reitmayer
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    Channel M
    BA Commerce ‘81

In May 2002, Art brought together a core group of broadcasters to join him in
    building and launching Channel M. He is responsible for overseeing all aspects
    of the station, handling any regulatory issues, and actively representing Channel
    M in the community.
    The mission of Channel M is “to bring a vision of diversity, respect, and
    inclusiveness to our community by celebrating our differences”. Channel M
    broadcasts in 22 different languages, as well as develops new programs to
    create 55 hours per week of local programming. As President and CEO, Art has
    the leadership role on the Channel M team for creating and maintaining the
    highest standards of programming and promoting the importance of diversity
    within our community.
    Art’s broadcast management career began in 1984 with CKVU in Vancouver. In
    1990, he moved to WIC’s radio stations, CKNW and CFMI, as Vice President of
    Finance. Over the next 3 years, Art was involved in WIC’s radio and television
    acquisitions as well as new specialty licenses.
    In 1993, Art was named General Manager of WIC’s CKRD-TV station in Red
    Deer, Alberta and in 1996, he became President and CEO of CKRD, ITV,
    Allarcom Studios and Studio Post in Edmonton.
    In December 1996, Art moved back to Vancouver to be appointed President and CEO of BCTV and CHEK-TV and, in 1999, his role expanded to include 10 television stations across Canada as well as it’s national sales office. In 2001, after the sale of the WIC television properties, he was involved in the integration of television and newspaper operations as Vice President of Special Projects for Canwest Global and a member of the Canadian Association of Broadcasters Television.

http://business.sfu.ca/files/PDF/alu..._Reitmayer.pdf
    If he is cure oriented then he could help a lot even just by giving the right message via TV etc.. but I am afraid he wants to celebrate SCI, not cure SCI...

Let's see if he has the balls to come out and answer our questions...
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Lynnifer,

did you ask the question to the new CEO of RHF?

If not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    If he is cure oriented then he could help a lot even just by giving the right message via TV etc.. but I am afraid he wants to celebrate SCI, not cure SCI...

Let's see if he has the balls to come out and answer our questions...
    Hi Paolo,

If you read GRAMMYs post you would have seen the below on the new CEOs CV:

The mission of Channel M is “to bring a vision of diversity, respect, and inclusiveness to our community by celebrating our differences”.
    What does that tell? To me that tells that this CEO is just another ’independent living celebrator’ which have made their well paid careers on diversity, differences and disabilities. Its an illusion to think that these people whom are brainwashed in the above career missions suddenly will switch their focus for example towards SCI cures. One can dream about that they will change, but as for mine experiences that does not occur, most of them gives a shit about SCI cures. I’m willing to let the doubt favor this new CEO though, lets see if he replies to the e-mails you have sent as a start.

Leif, that's the first thing that jumped out at me also.

I have for a few years now been telling people who to donate to and who not to.

I like the idea of a cure foundation as we here see it.

I would put the China-US trials as priority unless Dr. Silver or a project like that could say and show that for x dollars I can have x project in clinical trials by x date.

great thread
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Being cynical here, but what are the chances that Art even received our emails? Any time that I've written to the RHI, even with quite specific scientific questions, the responses have come back from some peon in media relations who invariably bleats the "world without paralysis after sci" catchphrase at least twice along with the other guff in the automated responses we all got now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Hi Paolo,

If you read GRAMMYs post you would have seen the below on the new CEOs CV:

What does that tell? To me that tells that this CEO is just another ’independent living celebrator’ which have made their well paid careers on diversity, differences and disabilities. Its an illusion to think that these people whom are brainwashed in the above career missions suddenly will switch their focus for example towards SCI cures. One can dream about that they will change, but as for mine experiences that does not occur, most of them gives a shit about SCI cures. I’m willing to let the doubt favor this new CEO though, lets see if he replies to the e-mails you have sent as a start.
    Leif thanks for pointing this out.

Actually I had seen it very well, but I was hoping someone else was going to point that out as I am afraid Wise is going to ask me again to stop criticising RHF

I believe you are absolutly right that this guy don't give a damn about SCI cure and that he will not change.
    Still by asking him questions he will show that he & RHF don't give a damn about SCI cure. This way people that are donating them thinking to support SCI research will not be screwed anymore and will donate to someone else.
    I hate when people with SCI put their desperate heart in collecting money for SCI research and someone takes these money to do somthing else. That is a criminal behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Being cynical here, but what are the chances that Art even received our emails? Any time that I've written to the RHI, even with quite specific scientific questions, the responses have come back from some peon in media relations who invariably bleats the "world without paralysis after sci" catchphrase at least twice along with the other guff in the automated responses we all got now.
    I believe Art, Rick, Darryl etc.. got the message.

I have said in several emails that I am avilable to talk so we can clear things.. but it seems they don't have the balls to talk to me.... so... I don't intend to give up... untill they explain to all what they are doing to create a "world without paralysis after SCI".

I am available 24/24 - 7/7 If they want to talk/write we could solve this in 5 minutes.

Paolo

I replied to the email asking how many dollars each organization spent on cure research but no reply yet.

Im sure they will respond with some more spin the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Lynnifer,

did you ask the question to the new CEO of RHF?

If not, why?
    No, because I don't like this 'bombard them with emails asking the same question' approach and I don't hear any researcher yet claiming to have a sure-fire treatment for paralysis that the foundation can get behind.

You could always protest-in-person the 25th relay next year - it's their biggest planned event since the Man in Motion tour 25yrs ago and is being held nation-wide so pick your Canadian destination.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 07-31-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12