Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Send a question to the new CEO of Rick Hansen Foundation

I think canuck is wanting to know the "when" of it all. According to a friend, the shift in priorities to care occurred about 10 years ago. Since then it seems the pendulum has swung away from cure altogether, but it's hard to get an exact timeline as they aren't exactly forthcoming with concrete figures and they tend to conflate care and cure in any responses they do give. There are other members here who are aware of specific clinical trials that they rejected for funding, hopefully they will chime in. It's my understanding that they do not now nor have ever funded stem cell research.

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    People from all over the world have written asking them 'what percentage of their funds are spent on CNS regeneration and what they have funded'.

As soon as I put a link up showing all the projects RHI was funding they took that part of the site down.

If you haven't followed all the Q&A, you can see it at http://stemcellsandatombombs.blogspo...oundation.html

You can run or you can wheel...but you cannot hide.

If you're raising funds for curing spinal cord injury, you need to be able to tell people what exact research is being funded and how much it is costing. The answer to the question is not being provided and making internet information "disappear" because it "looks bad" isn't helpful either.

Reminds me of the missing minutes on the Nixon tapes...then look what happened.

RHI Clinical Guidelines and CDRF Accessible Globe Maps are nice projects but these are not research projects aimed at the cure of spinal cord injury or paralysis.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-27-2011 at 02:08 AM.

If you all think there is so much wrong doing going on at RHI why don't you contact Revenue Canada to investigate or even RCMP commercial crime unit if you think it's so fraudulent.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    If you all think there is so much wrong doing going on at RHI why don't you contact Revenue Canada to investigate or even RCMP commercial crime unit if you think it's so fraudulent.
    They have a lot of money saved up. A lot of money that could go to very good clinical trials.

They still have time to do the right thing, and we are willing to help them. That's why we are trying to contact them. They are simply not listening, yet.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Somehow you've missed the point and I hate to say it, but it's because you haven't been listening.

I don't wish to get the Hansen folks in trouble or hurt their funding.
    That's actually a simplistic goal that will not benefit anyone.
    The goal is simple.
    1. If they're raising money in the name of cure, I want to know; how much, on what, and how we can help and have our very experienced voices heard.
    2. If they're not spending money on cure, they should stop advertising cure and let other orgs compete for this money.

I don't understand how this is about raising a stink with the authourities.
    The goal is simple; money raised in the name of cure should go to cure. So I want to know what they're spending their cure dollars on.

It's not about being angry. It's not about poking our nose in Canada's business. It's not about persecuting someone who has done so much. It's about asking a responsible question in the hope of receiving a responsible answer.

Can you now give me an opinion on how to do this better?
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    This consortium sets the clinical guidelines for AD, pressure sores, upper extremity preservation-----ALL of the guides that KLD and the SCI nurses refer you to so that when you get injured or sick, your care is consistant.

Everyone is so busy knocking the RHI that you don't know what you are knocking.

Oh, and the Accessible Globe maps--that is Christopher from here's project, funded by RHI.
    I didn't realize that asking for a breakdown of funds spent on CNS regeneration and what projects that they're spending on to be knocking someone.

Well, if that's the case we should all stop being so uppity. We should sit down, shut up, open our wallets and clap our hands.

After all, who are we, the parayzed, to ask questions.
    Gosh! People should really learn to be more appreciative and just let those with bigger minds than our pea brains to help us.

Thanks for putting us in our place.
    Last edited by StemCells&AtomBombs; 09-28-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: spello
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King