Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afraid to die before the ''d-day''

Afraid to die before the ''d-day''

I don't know if anybody feels the same, but very often I get scared thinking that it could be possible for me to die before a cure could be availabe.
    Maybe becouse we are closer than ever and when a ''gift'' is near we all get worry about everything. But life is quite surprising and it would be a sad joke to pass a way before get the first shot of a cure and get some ''old and good'' feelings back before leave this planet.
    That's why 6 months or one year less for a cure to be available could meand so much for so many people, specially for a 14 years chronic like me.

Andrea

Many people....

...with postive, almost obsessive desires for a cure won't and didn't make it to "d-day"...they had great attitudes, the "never say never" dream, and they refused to believe that they would not walk again...but because of poor quality of care or even self destructive behavior they never lived to see the day.

How do I know? Cuz I went to a lot of funerals in my 18 years.

I believe you will make it to that day Andrea...only a few more years to the finish line (or so I've been told)...your attitude seems to be a good one and I'd bet my last nickel on the fact that you will make it.

Stay as healthy as your quality of care will allow and try not to abuse what good is left in your body. Thats all we can do and we'll just have to let the cure do its thing when it gets here.

You'll make it

Andrea,

I believe as Paradudecan. Keep the faith and keep your body healthy. You'll make it.

Deb

this is my biggest fear. i fought sci so hard and long
    that dying this close would be awful.

You're young and strong. You'll make it.

I guess in the meantime try and live each day to the fullest and ask yourself what you can do to further the path to a cure. I think the time goes by faster and is less noticeable - at least for me.

Good luck.

Onward and Upward!

D Day!

Oh No...not DUCOLAX DAY!

Eric Texley

Metaphorically speaking: You spend your time waiting for the cure at the front door only to have death sneak in your back window and celebrate his victory at your expense.

I'm not worried about dying before i'm cured, but I am concerned about my mother passing away before it happens.

When I have a urine infection or even a small bedsore she gets over-wrought with worry, I don't want her to carry that burden into her old age. There are alot of other issues she's always fretting about that revolve around my disability too, issues I don't have the physical capacity to remove.

Regrettably, I never had the chance to do the same for my Father .

Not you too

DA,

You know how close we are to a functional improvement cure. You will make it. Because your right, you have worked so long for a cure.

Deb

deb its not just pre-cure i worry. post cure too.
    i will get cured, run out screaming im cured, im cured. SMACK,
    hit by a mack truck.

dr young how long until a hit-by-a-mack-truck cure is found?

DA

Do they have mini mack trucks running into / over rats?

'cause until they cure the rats of the "Peterbilt syndrome" there won't be a cure for us.

Onward and Upward!