Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Braswell GoShichi truck

might be a dumb question. how do you transfer into that seat? where do you put the chair?

unless you drive from your chair?

i'm looking at doing a conversion on the exact same truck 2008 z71 ltz sunroof. conversion would be; bruno turny seat/powertopper setup.

The seat comes out just like a mini van does and I drive from my chair.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

I added a couple of pics of the seat belt extender I use and the wire we spliced to override the seat belt safety. Without overriding the seat belt wire the truck thinks the seat belt is in use and will not open the door when the extender is being used.

http://www.gtseatbeltextender.com/cart/

Type 2 short (9 1/2")
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

New Truck

I sent you a personal email.

Question: Are you okay with seat belt extender as I am thinking of buying one for my p/u? Is it worth it?

Yes, it works good. I cannot reach to lock and unlock the seatbelt without it.
    Pete C6/'97

So do you leave it locked and wheel out from under it or do you unlock the seatbelt?

No you have to unlock from the seat belt.
    Pete C6/'97

Hey Pete, what's the trick to disarm seat belt light? Do you just unhook it? How are you getting along with your truck? I really like mine. It's so much more responsive than my van was, but still getting used to driving from the chair. Other than that it's great.

I dont have an issue with a seat belt light. I have to use an extender so when its hooked up the truck thought the seat belt was still in use and would not let the door open. We just bypassed the switch, which took just a few minutes. So the extender stays hooked up all the time. Its pretty much done now that I got my bracket to keep my chair from wheeling back under acceleration.
    Pete C6/'97

Thanks for info. I kinda thought that's what you did. I use the short extender and it's a pain to unhook whenever I need to use the lift and get out.