Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Braswell GoShichi truck

Braswell GoShichi truck

The modification to the inside works but it did not turn out as pretty as I had hoped. It gave me 2" extra inches forward and 2" to the right. It was hot and getting late towards the end and the plastic cut out got sloppy and we didn't have a matching piece of treadplate. You can see in one pic where we reversed the front caster mounts on a 16" wide, 10.5" footplate ZR 2 to gain a few inches. My 17" wide, 11" footplate AeroZ 2 that has a stock frame fits fine after the modification because the front wheels came more swooped backwards than my ZR2 did. I will post pics of the seat belt override too. I have to use a seat belt extender but when it is clicked in the truck thinks the seat belt is in use and will not let the door open. Its a good safety feature but I cannot use the seatbelt in the stock location.

This is a 2WD truck.

http://gallery.me.com/braswellf5
    Last edited by BRASWELLF5; 07-27-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Pete, how do we check out your pics?

What happens when you click the link? Try it now.
    Last edited by BRASWELLF5; 07-25-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Asks for a sign in.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

try it now
    Pete C6/'97

It works

Pete, as an avid race fan for most my life, I didn't realize that is how your injury occurred nor had I heard of it. I assume you have followed Shae Hmeil's accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Pete, as an avid race fan for most my life, I didn't realize that is how your injury occurred nor had I heard of it. I assume you have followed Shae Hmeil's accident?
    Yes, I heard of it. I am guessing he was wearing a HANS device, I don't know. I heard it was pretty bad.
    Pete C6/'97

I assume he was too, but he rolled up on two wheels and then went full force with cage into the wall, i.e. his head straight into the wall.

Looks good Pete. I know they say a powerchair works fine but it sure looks like it would be a tight squeeze every time. What are your thoughts?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein