Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IUD for Birth Control

Joan Rivers said Madonna had an IUD with call-waiting.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    How dare you all attack this person. You're all acting stupid
    and nasty. What's become of this forum? I need to leave for
    a while because I'm soooo disgusted by some of the behavior
    I've seen in this thread.
    I'm not attacking anyone. Just asking questions I'd ask anyone. Read my responses if you wish. I stated I'm blunt.
    The poster has provided more information that other posters can make responses which will be helpful.
    I appreciate her information.
    Every SCI is different.
    There's no way in hell you can compare being a teenage woman with a new injury to a teenage boy.

I apologize to the cousin if she is offended, but she is an intelligent woman and if she wishes to rake me over the coals, so be it.
    Other wise I suggest to her she request to be in the women's only forum where she and her cousin may get answers they seek.

I was throw initially by the birth control question given the young woman with SCI had issues cathing.
    The poster explained so now things have more perspective.

I'm not going to apologize about the avatar. I stated I'm older. I understand young woman post photos I think revealing, my nieces are the sane age ,and I have hopefully explained there are Facebook photos and professional photos, and if you don't think you are googled you are naive, but I'm assuming Buck you would consider me a prudish bitch.

My experience as a woman with SCI for over 25 years may or may not help this newly injured young woman.

I had pushy friends and relatives. I chose to listen to some.25 years later some still don't get it. We all have our own journey.

Now I know my day has sucked and usually I'd hold off on hitting the reply, Buck, but you have never changed a blood soaked Kotex that smells like a dead fish and you are too shocked by your own body defying you and you need your mother,sister or some stranger to change it as birth control now could potentially kill you.
    Last edited by Liz321; 07-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

woah! I've never done that either liz! yikes..........

'for my cousin'... I'm only wondering if your cousin knows how much of her info you're putting on blast, I mean... how about reccommending her to the site for peer support instead of putting all of her business on front street?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I'm only wondering if your cousin knows how much of her info you're putting on blast, I mean... how about reccommending her to the site for peer support instead of putting all of her business on front street?
    I felt like better explaining would be better, but you are right. I'll be a little less specific in the future so if she ever does come here, it won't be so intimidating. I have recommended she come here, but I don't see it happening in the near future. She doesn't see the value yet.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    woah! I've never done that either liz! yikes..........

'for my cousin'... I'm only wondering if your cousin knows how much of her info you're putting on blast, I mean... how about reccommending her to the site for peer support instead of putting all of her business on front street?
    You're not an old quad.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Quote Originally Posted by ForMyCousin View Post
    I felt like better explaining would be better, but you are right. I'll be a little less specific in the future so if she ever does come here, it won't be so intimidating. I have recommended she come here, but I don't see it happening in the near future. She doesn't see the value yet.
    So far you've described her as a sexually active 18 year old that somehow isn't comfortable touching her own lady parts... If she does want to come here and you're talking about them, seems like it would read as an ultimate discomfort.

Also, if you use the search function, you might be able to find a fair amount of information on many varieties of birth control and/or consequenses. If that really is what you're looking for.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    How dare you all attack this person. You're all acting stupid
    and nasty. What's become of this forum? I need to leave for
    a while because I'm soooo disgusted by some of the behavior
    I've seen in this thread.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Just again, my opinion, but it's my ageist thing. Post another profile pic. I can not take you seriously as a med student.
    She's newly injured and if you were in my face pushing me I'd either push back hard or retreat. She's retreating if their is a family resemblance you are reminding her of what was. Not easy to handle so newly injured.

Where did she rehab?
    Are there peer mentors?
    Surprisingly she doesn't have "phanthom pain"?
    IC/ Bowel issues?
    Is the house accessible?
    School?

I'm having a horrific day so if I seem cruel it's not intentional, again, your posts just throw me?
    I wish you well.
    I agree with you Buck as she came on here and stated why she was asking about the IUD and Liz decided to still poke at her. Liz, I understand that you are older with more experience and all, but there is no reason to attack someone for asking a simple question. It's no ones business of why she is asking it and sure as hell no reason for her to answer to anyone, yet she did. I can see you asking why, but a laundry list of questions is not ok, IMO. This forum used to be a place where you could come and ask simple questions and get simple answers, now it seems like a sorority and you have to go through loops and holes to make people believe you have an SCI or know someone that does..

As far as for 'for my cousin', I have the IUD and am so happy about it. I have had it for about 6 years and wouldn't change a thing. I didn't get it to help my menstrual cycle, but it sure helped more than I expected. I barely get a period if I even get one. My doctor had no problem as far as my injury to getting one, but not sure how others would feel. It's def worth a try!! Good luck! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by rollinprincess3227 View Post
    Agreed!

I agree with you Buck as she came on here and stated why she was asking about the IUD and Liz decided to still poke at her. Liz, I understand that you are older with more experience and all, but there is no reason to attack someone for asking a simple question. It's no ones business of why she is asking it and sure as hell no reason for her to answer to anyone, yet she did. I can see you asking why, but a laundry list of questions is not ok, IMO. This forum used to be a place where you could come and ask simple questions and get simple answers, now it seems like a sorority and you have to go through loops and holes to make people believe you have an SCI or know someone that does..

As far as for 'for my cousin', I have the IUD and am so happy about it. I have had it for about 6 years and wouldn't change a thing. I didn't get it to help my menstrual cycle, but it sure helped more than I expected. I barely get a period if I even get one. My doctor had no problem as far as my injury to getting one, but not sure how others would feel. It's def worth a try!! Good luck! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me
    Did you read all the posts from this poster regarding her newly injured para cousin?

I commented on the whole not just this piece as it appeared fragmented. When she explined herself further it made more sense. The post was IUD and birth control, not birth control to stop ones period.

Perhaps the cousin will state I offered support in a PM if it makes you feel I'm not attacking,
    if this is the consensus,

Honestly, I'm floored.
    Last edited by Liz321; 08-04-2011 at 11:26 PM.

I did not read anything you wrote as an attack, Liz. Not a word of it.

For anyone reading this, ask yourself how a medical intern in PGY 1 (that info was changed from PGY 2 to PGY 1 on the first day it appeared, btw) can spend so many hours at CCC after starting clinicals less than a month earlier. I've never known of any fresh grad doing residency who had enough time to even sleep, much less park themselves on a message board for hours and hours at a whack.

Now that is blunt. It is. I understand it is. I'm okay with that.

Blast at will.

I read nothing as an attack either Liz. Blunt yes, but not an attack. Cousin hasn't been back for a while, hopefully the injured girl will join us for the information she badly needs.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005