Thread: ZRA S2's with a Little Hue

ZRA S2's with a Little Hue

These two chairs are patiently waiting for their new owners to come in and get next week. Each one struck me as having very sharp looking color combinations.

Hopefully I'll have time to post reviews in the future. In the meantime, here are a couple of pics for your viewing enjoyment.

Black Lava with the Sublime Green Anodized Package
    More discerning viewers will note the elegant reflective stripe on the 24" Schwalbes. It nicely accentuates the aluminum hubs of the casters and wheels, while subtly reinforcing the circumferenciality of the NaturalFit hand rims.

Satin Titanium Finish with the Sapphire Anodized Package
    The CC cognoscenti will appreciate the sophisticated, yet rugged, statement resulting from the selection of solid treaded tires (24x1 3/8") in combination with the sapphire components. In reality, TiLite actually made that statement for us since we specified herringbone tread (i.e. Shox). Ultimately, the recipient of this chair will decide what sort of stylistic statement they wish to make.
    Hmmm...I'm wondering if I've be overhearing too many shows on TLC, A&E, or HGTV that my wife watches when I'm on CareCure.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    More discerning viewers will note the elegant reflective stripe on the 24" Schwalbes. It nicely accentuates the aluminum hubs of the casters and wheels, while subtly reinforcing the circumferenciality of the NaturalFit hand rims.
    Not to mention the magnificent nighttime glow others see when approaching this handsome chair from the side.

How did you order the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Reflectives? My VAMC couldn't get them for me when I requested them. They ordered my MPEs (non reflective) through TiLite, which doesn't offer the Reflectives.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-25-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

In the order form of Tilite, I couldn't find this 5 x 1.5 (it looks like 4" or 5") caster.

If we want this kind of caster, do we need to mention it specifically?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Great looking chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Not to mention the magnificent nighttime glow others see when approaching this hansom chair from the side.

How did you order the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Reflectives? My VAMC couldn't get them for me when I requested them. They ordered my MPEs (non reflective) through TiLite, which doesn't offer the Reflectives.
    Is that their formal name? They were simply the OEM Schwalbe Marathon Evo's that TiLite happened to install on the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    In the order form of Tilite, I couldn't find this 5 x 1.5 (it looks like 4" or 5") caster.

If we want this kind of caster, do we need to mention it specifically?
    No. TiLite doesn't offer it. We've been ordering TiLite's with the 1.5"W "plastic caster with poly tire" and replacing them with FLAHSR's we order sseparately from another source. The Lexan FLSR's are given to the end user to use as backups.

I recently trialed TiLite's 4x1 Performance Billet Soft Roll and it had a similar feel to a 4x1.5 FLAHSR. I don't think the 5x1 version would feel anywhere near the same as a 5x1.5 FLASHR since the hub is the same hub used with the 4x1 version.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    How did you order the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Reflectives?
    Could it be that TiLite has switched to a mainstream version of the Marathon Evo instead of a "medical" version?

http://www.hmsmobility.com/schwalbe-...tyre-p-81.html

Is that their formal name?
    Not quite. Here's a copy of what I gave my VAMC to order my tires:
    Attachment 41326

Could it be that TiLite has switched to a mainstream version of the Marathon Evo instead of a "medical" version?
    The wheelchair/medical version is non-marking ("Black'n'Roll"). I'm not positive, but I presume non-marking is available only on wheelchair tires.

If you happen to know . . . what VA vendors sell loose Schwalbe tires (maybe they sell the Reflex)?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The first chair you pictured is almost identical to the colors I want for my next chair...with the exception of getting the green spinergy spokes instead of the black ones and maybe getting green anodized soft rolls. Awesome looking chairs!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

If you order a Tilite with a nice finish like the black lava one, why isn't the footplate tubing finished in black lava? Is that how they normally do it or do you have to request that the footplate matches the frame?

These two chairs are patiently waiting for their new owners to come in and get next week. Each one struck me as having very sharp looking color combinations.

Hopefully I'll have time to post reviews in the future. In the meantime, here are a couple of pics for your viewing enjoyment.

Black Lava with the Sublime Green Anodized Package

Satin Titanium Finish with the Sapphire Anodized Package
    The CC cognoscenti will appreciate the sophisticated, yet rugged, statement resulting from the selection of solid treaded tires (24x1 3/8") in combination with the sapphire components. In reality, TiLite actually made that statement for us since we specified herringbone tread (i.e. Shox). Ultimately, the recipient of this chair will decide what sort of stylistic statement they wish to make.
    Hmmm...I'm wondering if I've be overhearing too many shows on TLC, A&E, or HGTV that my wife watches when I'm on CareCure.
    I just ordered a ZRA with polished frame and the sapphire anodized package. Thank you for posting this!

Edit; I was wondering what the front end angle is on the sapphire chair is. Does it have the same frame depth as the seat depth? It looks more compact than the green chair.
    Last edited by sam10685; 07-29-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    I'm Sam.