Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the PTs?

Where are the PTs?

After being a CC member for a couple years I do not recall seeing a post by a PT and am wondering why. It would be useful to have a few around like the nurses and OTs. As I try to slow my slide down this slippery slope called aging there are issues that I have not found answers for. For example, knowing that my upper body has been devestated by repetitive stress and over use, how much and what kind of exercise is beneficial and at what point does it become counterproductive? It seems logical that exercise does cause wear and tear. Just wondering.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Very Good question, i've always wondered about exercising since it does cause wear and tear
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I am not sure if the PT have any idea what to do. I have met many and if I am lucky they have heard about SCI so how can I expect the know about SCI and aging.
    TH 12, 43 years post

18 months out of rehab (22 months post-SCI) I still go back just to visit my PTs. These women changed my life, I thank them, blow them kisses, put them on a pedestal so high. They are queens. They showed me how to live. I love going back to give them progress reports and show them new equipment and relate my exploits. The PT room is still my favourite place in this whole world.

But think about it. If you are around gimps all day, staying motivational and positive, the last thing you'd want to do is come here in your spare time.

As an example- I was an auto mechanic by trade prior to my accident and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was work on cars. And I am certifiably car crazy since birth.

I thank my lucky stars for the SCI nurses on here, they are the voice of reason to everyone elses pre-conceived notions.

well, alot don't have the time, with a life, 10 hours a day with imputting info and gettting pieces and parts, its just like any job, don't take it home! we'd keep them so busy they couldn't keep up!

Here I am!! I don't have a good reason why it took me so long to sign up, or why others don't. I will sadly blame time as the reason.

I am a physical therapist with 8 years of SCI experience, and I just joined the forum a month ago. I am definitely open to answering questions. I will respond much quicker to emails as I sign on to check the forums only a couple of times a month.

Am I allowed to post my direct email address?

Quote Originally Posted by scitotalfitness View Post
    Here I am!! I don't have a good reason why it took me so long to sign up, or why others don't. I will sadly blame time as the reason.

I am a physical therapist with 8 years of SCI experience, and I just joined the forum a month ago. I am definitely open to answering questions. I will respond much quicker to emails as I sign on to check the forums only a couple of times a month.

You can, but its at your own risk. I would let people PM you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by scitotalfitness View Post

If you have experience with SCIs, shoulder rehab, and geriatrics, I can probably keep you busy. lol Welcome.The advantage of posting here is that we get to see and learn from each other's experiences.
    Last edited by SCIfor55+yrs.; 07-06-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

What is "PM?" I'm still getting used to this forum thing.

I totally understand that through posts, others benefit from the answers. I can start a new thread "Ask a PT" and check it at least once a week... do you think that would be helpful?

pm=private messege