Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    ....and then couldn't fit under their brand new kitchen table....so now they're either going to get a new chair that is 1" lower or a new kitchen table.
    throw the baby out with the bath water, is that it? How about some table feet to raise the table height?

keep it stupid simple.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post

How many fasteners are on your ZRA, just out of curiosity?
    my ZRa is a toilet next to my Lasher. But it was necessary as a first chair, I found my specs. I actually am using it for a test bed right now, turning all those bizzy-bolts again tweaking my specs for my ORacing extreme box order, switching to metric changes the dimensions minorly. My main concern was my new backrest angle to find the COG sweetspot, with and without backpack full of books for school in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Me either what i fight, and less with you, you are a great guy i think, not think the same about Dale and Scott, they are just looking for a free Icon
    Nothing is free.

Some of us like to see legit innovation in an industry that has gotten stale. Jeff & several others have put a LOT on the line to build a solid product AND a sustainable business. If their previous effort was a taste of what they're capable of, the Icon chair has a lot of potential.

That said, no one has sat in a production model yet, so the verdict is still out, but things are looking real good...

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    my ZRa is a toilet next to my Lasher. But it was necessary as a first chair, I found my specs. I actually am using it for a test bed right now, turning all those bizzy-bolts again tweaking my specs for my ORacing extreme box order, switching to metric changes the dimensions minorly. My main concern was my new backrest angle to find the COG sweetspot, with and without backpack full of books for school in the fall.
    That question was directed to Canuck re: the concern over fasteners, but I get your point.

Are you going to buy an Xtreme Box? that`s great, now i`m not going to be the only one here
    But why are you going to change measurements respect your Lasher?

just a teory that is not really important for a fucking wheelchair.

Anyway looks very clear that you and scott are going to work for Jeff, so you will have to speak about how fantastic is the Icon.
    - I - N - G - O !

And that coming from the most hardcore wheeler on the planet.

Truthfully, to each his own. This has been a healthy discussion, even if some tried to make it personal.

Thanks CareCure! Where else could new products be touted and discredited by users from around the globe within a few hours.

But why are you going to change measurements respect your Lasher?
    I had my Lasher built with tires I thought I'd like, when I switched back to my SpeedRuns it affected my dump and backrest angle. I'm now a little too laid-back. I need to be more like you. Rained all day yesterday, had some help measuring and lots of input to think about for my rugby chair from my teammates Thursday night..

Orders will be sent Monday 8am Valencia time.
    Last edited by tooley; 07-23-2011 at 03:12 PM.

I had my Lasher built with tires I thought I'd like, when I switched back to my SpeedRuns it affected my dump and backrest angle. I'm now a little too laid-back. I need to be more like you. Rained all day yesterday, had some help measuring and lots of input to think about for my rugby chair from my teammates Thursday night..

Orders will be sent 8am Valencia time.
    See what`s happen if you don`t buy Icon, you will not have that problem with an Icon.
    So forget it, Oracing chairs are for men who know what they want, lol.

See what`s happen if you don`t buy Icon, you will not have that problem with an Icon.
    So forget it, Oracing chairs are for men who know what they want, lol.
    exactly. So when I drop it out of my car (and my hand function is decent) some little bolt or bracket won't go <snap, crackle, pop>. I don't have a wife or mommy to call, my shit can't break (and doesn't).

Keep in mind - MOST SCI's get coddled to death (almost) by their doctors, family, therapists. They spend the rest of their lives second-guessing every decision they make. Not many have enough wherewithall [sp?] (balls) to solidify anything.

big john where have you gone?

Congratulations to Jeff and Christian, I can imagine how much work and dedication it needs to bring that kind of innovative wheelchair on the market. I think that the adjustability is a plus for anyone, even people like me that have been in a chair for more than 28 years even though I use a welded frame.

Now I know that it's just a rendering image posted but I hope that the production model will look better. Taste is a personal thing but I don't get it at all, it really doesn't look good to me.

Are you sure that the upswept front wing will be high enough to solve frog-legging issues?

@toto:

Your level of injury lets you adjust to the frame you ride even though it's not necessarily perfectly tuned, it's not the case for all of us. Many of us have been in chairs for much more years than you and we know what we need, it's just that it's not that easy to get exactly what we know we need when we buy a new wheelchair, there are too many unknowns with a new wheelchair. On top of that, needs are changing with time due to injuries, body changes, new cushion, new tires, new wheels, new backrest and so on ... that is where adjustability can come handy.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Not many have enough wherewithall [sp?] (balls) to solidify anything.
    or the money to custom order a new chair from another continent because their new tires don't fit just right on a non-adjustable chair.

this thread is getting ridiculous.