Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Dale, your suspension discussion got me thinking. . . that a titanium cantilevered frame may actually have some true integral suspension (albeit minor) because of the flexible, shock-absorbing properties of the metal. Comments?

It may improve the feel of the ride. I've never been in a cantilever titanium frame for very long. A little smoothness goes a long way, IMo, which is why I like Froglegs, and the CF seat idea.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    You are the one with financial interests in the products you "review".
    You are the one with an external link to a site marketing a product you sell.
    You are the one who was given a set of wheels to 'review'.
    The list goes on.

You need to check yourself, amigo. I have offered nothing offensive and only factual information and honest opinion.

Sorry to have offended you, but your reaction speaks volumes. You are the one with interests to defend, obviously.
    you didn`t offended me, we are just speaking about a suspension chair for a daily use, that`s all, and all that super teory take it to a wheelchair that almost all of them goes with antitips and all that shit just make me laught.

So in US don`t think like others is offense them? no in Spain, sorry.

But i`m going to tell you something to be clear, maybe i could have some intesesting financial, but not much, i`m just an Oracing`s friend that i only help them giving a push because i like and believe in what they do, they are just a few craftsmans that do everything by hand thinking in do the best for us, and i like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    How is you working for Oracing any different? I've seen no disrespect of you for touting their products. You need to give others the same treatment you have gotten.
    Sorry if i desrespect to some of you, wasn`t my intention.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Dale, your suspension discussion got me thinking. . . that a titanium cantilevered frame may actually have some true integral suspension (albeit minor) because of the flexible, shock-absorbing properties of the metal. Comments?
    I haven't tried a box frame, but my experience between my Quickie Ti, ZR, and my ZR2, I not so sure the cantilevered design really acts as a shock absorber. If anything i would say it just sends the vibrations throughout the chair. The ti has a lot "flex" and it vibrations would cause my legs to "bounce" and even sometimes spasm when going over cracks in sidewalkss and on rough surfaces. Even my ZR2 seems it must be made with thinner wall tubing than my ZR, because it has more flex and my legs get to bouncing on rougher surfaces. Now, I do think soft rolls and spinergy wheels help absorb some of the vibrations, as they are designed for, where as the stiffer wheels like my topolino or maybe dino's won't absorb the vibrations as much. Many complain about spinergy wheels and the "flex", but that is the design as they advertise and IMO, it helps absorb vibrations for a smoother ride.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Now back to the thread, I would love to check out an Icon and maybe add to my collection.

On a less fevered note: Jeff, what kind of wheels are on the Icon pictured way back in post #1? I thought you guys were going with Round Bettys.

We're going to be offering Spinergy, Round Betty, Topolino, and Sun as options, and will be compatible with all the usual suspects.

We're also recommending ADI as our back of choice, but will be compatible with Varilite, Roho, Jay etc.

We're working with ADI to provide their disc brake system, and (anticipating your next question) still up in the air with D's and Surelock - D's is unlikely as at last check, as Steve and HOC are doing design work for those who shall remain unnamed - which is fine, we have no problem with him doing job shop design work, but it really prevents us from putting his gear on our order form.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post

We're working with ADI to provide their disc brake system, and (anticipating your next question) still up in the air with D's and Surelock - D's is unlikely as at last check, as Steve and HOC are doing design work for those who shall remain unnamed - which is fine, we have no problem with him doing job shop design work, but it really prevents us from putting his gear on our order form.
    Just say it, it's just a name: Voldemort.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice....

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    . . . I not so sure the cantilevered design really acts as a shock absorber. If anything i would say it just sends the vibrations throughout the chair. The ti has a lot "flex" and it vibrations would cause my legs to "bounce" and even sometimes spasm when going over cracks in sidewalkss and on rough surfaces. Even my ZR2 seems it must be made with thinner wall tubing than my ZR, because it has more flex and my legs get to bouncing on rougher surfaces.
    From your description, cantilevered titanium frames behave more like a spring than suspension. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Just say it, it's just a name: Voldemort.
    Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice....
    lol
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The Icon won't be for everyone - you clearly think that it's not for you, which is fine, and I appreciate you wishing us well. We also wish other chair companies well, because they deliver products to people who have other and specific requirements - I'm personally a really big fan of Oracing products, I'm actually trying to get a kneeler handcrank cycle from them (if you can put in a good word for me, I'd appreciate it).

We're not looking to pick fights .
    Me either what i fight, and less with you, you are a great guy i think, not think the same about Dale and Scott, they are just looking for a free Icon .
    kneeler hanbike? something like this? sorry i can`t show you the rest of the pic. I don`t think you need me for speak with Felip.

But i think your chair is a good option for a beginner in the sci world, with that tons of adjustaments, but after a few years seating in a wheelchair i don`t undertand guys who still need an adjustable one.

Here you can see the bounce of the CF strips, Oracing offer CF seat by strips like an option, so wide and thickness carbon fiber strips is not my problem, is their engineer problem.

But let speak only about your Icon: you like it? go for it, you don`t? buy another, that`s all.
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-23-2011 at 02:22 PM.