Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Congratulation to you both for getting to 'the starting line
    Jeff, we traded some mails earlier this year about distribution in the UK and particularly Scotland, did you manage to do something so I might get to see/try one of these babys in the flesh so to speak?
    EC
    Jeff any feedback on the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Jeff any feedback on the above?

Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    On an interesting note, it's not all that expensive - I've not mentioned the price, and nobody has asked. Weird.

I'll put your requests in our "suggestion box", and let you know how things work out for your one and only transfer/shower/toilet/bidet/transcontinental travel chair. The whole drain spinning in the wrong direction is going to be an engineering nightmare for us.

What colour would you like it to be? If we can figure it out so you can sleep in it, should we add that to the list? Bloody Aussies - consider the gits to be crackin'.
    Heya Jeff, I think you deserve respect for taking the bouquets and brickbatts about your new wheelchair from this forum. you have handled them with grace and good humour.

I put aside my prejudices for a while and did have a good look at your design, its' very good. I like the suspension idea, it's quite ingenious really.

Now, since I am bored I've put forth my following reply to your message in Aussiese...just for my (and hopefully, eveyone ele's) entertainment.

G'day JeffAdams ya bloody yank mongrel (Hello JeffAdams, you exceptionally handsome american chap)...I'll translate as I go.

Yeah the bloody dunny will bamboozle ya bonce with the bloody water going up to billio, 'cos 'o bein' in the southern hemisphere i 'spose!

(Yes indeed the water spinning in the opposite direction is a result of the Australian continent being in the Southern Hemisphere as opposed to Northern in which the water would spin in the opposing direction).

Na mate!, I dont wanna sleep in me bloody wheelchair, me an' the missus got one 'o them fancy fartsacks with the bloody valance an all that fuckin palarver!

(Hmm on careful reflection I would ascertain that a normal "bed" would be less aprobrious than using a wheelchair as a device in which to sleep).

I reckon the colours of our national fuckin tree, the wattle 'd be a good start, the good old aussie green n gold ya mongrel! or that fancy bloddy carbon fibre them dills at Bathurst use.

Knowin' you blokes are ferretin' in the lab workin' on it is good enough fer me mate! just make sure you's blokes got plenty 'a tinnies.

(phew, this is a long one: Ok, I would have a preference for minimalist colouring to the device, perhaps a gloss black or possibly the space age material known as carbon fibre as used in the motorsporting field.

The knowledge that you fine chaps there at your laboratory are feverishly working on my idea is never ending source of joy, and one might venture that perhaps a supply of fine liquid refreshment would make the work of design far more congenial)

ciao fer now ya old bugger! (farewell good friend)

WahWah
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Oh yeah, how much is this chair...lol...
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Uh oh.

An Aussie just referred to a Canadian as a Yank....massive Commonwealth faux pas! Lucky for you I've lived most of my adult life in the US and consider myself a bit of a Camerikan, so I won't make any reference to you being a Kiwi, but you just earned yourself a 10% tax on your purchase.....think of it as a tithe for bad behaviour.

Pricing is on the order form I posted a few posts back.

PS - Glad to see you pulled the scungies out of yer crackeroo, mate. (Translation: Thanks for the kind words re. the design)
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 07-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Oops, Sorry JeffAdams did not realise you were a fellow commonwealthist!, my humble apologies.

10% extra c'mon mate yer yanking me bloody chain!

lol...

Just curious how much height adjustment there is? If I order with a front floor to seat hight of 20" and I go and get a cushion that is 2 or 3 inches higher than the low pro I'm on now, will I be able to lower the seat enough to accommodate the extra height of the cushion?

Will the side guards be fixed or removable?

I've been sitting in a 42 lbs xtr for the last 9 years and am looking forward to something new, lighter and with better suspension. Tried the marvel but it wasn't the right height and it had flat beach tires on it so didn't really get a good feel for it. Then heard what they did to you guys and had no interest in it.

@juggular - our front seat height range is from 16-21 with a 24" wheel, so it would look like you would be good on the cushion swap.

We will have both fixed and removeable, and the ADI carbon candy will be available on the Icon - ADI carbon sideguards, ADI carbon and aluminum backs as well as their disc brake system.

Any more photos?

How about an updated vimeo 360? or some new photos of the latest Icon.
    On iconwheelchairs.com

Quote Originally Posted by PeteShick View Post
    How about an updated vimeo 360? or some new photos of the latest Icon.
    On iconwheelchairs.com
    Agree with this.... Most of us can't be in Pittsburgh this weekend but we can sure check the website..... Thanks!!!