Thread: Icon Wheelchairs are now available for sale.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
    His knees are suspension... He wouldnt want to make some of those jumps sitting on the seat!
    I know that the suspension there was Mac`s arms and legs, i was just jocking.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post

@Toto - I'm kind of surprised that you seem like you're not a fan of suspension? I saw your posts on the carbon fiber by strips seat and you seemed really excited about going off curbs and so on with the suspension that modification provided.

Yes i like it, but i don`t think is something necessary for a daily chair, If i have to do a suspension chair for some xtreme guys i will do a full weld frame with a good suspension sistem, of course i could get some use of your chair jumping some stuff for do a cool video, but in reality in my daily use i only go up&down some little curbs as much with 6"-8", so with my seat i have more than enough.

Btw, my suspension seat by strips was an accident.
    When i order my first Oracing i really hate their sling seat tension by strips, because i had to be tighting them every few days, now they have improve with the strips and buckles and are better.

So i thought in change it for a CF solid seat pan, and i thought: I`m going to add around 1lbs to my chair changing the seat, what i could do for add less weight? well i`m going to do it by strips for have it lighter and see what happens, and bingo!!!
    i discovered that they had some flex that work like a little suspension, and there was when born carbon fiber suspension seat

Don`t doubt that i like suspension too, but i`m not a really fan of the Icon, but don`t doubt that i wish you all the best with your project.
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-23-2011 at 06:18 AM.