Thread: What's Happening to Me?

What's Happening to Me?

A little over 10 years ago I fractured my neck. (C7) I spent a while recovering and some neurological issues. I used a wheelchair for a period of time (6 months or so)

About 2-3 months ago I started experience some problems. Bladder issues mainly. Recently I've been having a lot of shooting pains down both legs when standing for more than a couple minutes or when turning my head a certain way.

I've had an MRI/CT scan and nothing major shows up. There is a small "compromise" still at the site of my original injury. But that's it. I've been to 3 drs now and they act like nothing should be wrong. LOL

What type of compromise? Spinal stenosis? Root compression? Protruding or ruptured disk? Was a syrinx (syringomyelia) mentioned?

What type of physicians have you seen? Neurologists? Neurosurgeons? Urologists? Physiatrists? GPs? Internist?

(KLD)

Just a little narrowing. Nothing major. I've seen my GP, neurologist

If you are having symptoms, I would suggest seeing at least a neurosurgeon (or two). A second opinion should be obtained from another neurosurgeon before deciding on a surgical treatment.

(KLD)

Neurosurgeon said he isn't sure exactly what's causing these symptoms. He has been talking to a team. Its been so bad I don't really want to stand, let alone walk.