Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat Wave Sweeps Across the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    17°C in Vancouver today.

63° for you Fahrenheiters
    Add in 20 MPH winds and driving rain and you could have been in the UK for the past week!

Darn 'merkins hoggin' all the warm weather!

We had a heat index of 46 (115) yesterday. Thank God I installed my airco on Wednesday!

The heat index in Boston right now is 118F, with a real temp of 102F. I am not complaining because, unlike snow, it doesn't screw up my mobility, but without AC I think I would be dead today.

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    It's 92 F already on LI at 10am. But i swore during the brutal winter, that i would never complain and if i did i should be slapped, so i'm not?

Promised myself the same thing, Mary! Yeah, it's hot - but it's not snowing!

As long as there is electricity/air conditioning I love this weather. It is soooo much easier going to my car in this heat than in 10 degrees. I can actually have a conversation in my driveway or the grocery store parking lot with someone whom I ran into.

I do feel bad for those who work outside or cannot afford a/c. This reminds me of when I used to live in south Miami. They are probably laughing at us whineing (sp) northerners as we do when an inch of snow hits from the carolinas down and their whole area shuts down.

Hey Foolish Old. Haven't seen a comment from you about us whiney (sp) people up here. If you remember on an old thread I quoated and agreed with a Floridian: I would rather live in a shelter for one or two nights and ride out a hurricane than be in the freezing cold and snow/ice for six months.

Yesterday her in Central New York we hit 101 degrees with an even higher heat index.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Add in 20 MPH winds and driving rain and you could have been in the UK for the past week!

Darn 'merkins hoggin' all the warm weather!
    I just got in from running errands. It was 16°C, which when converted to quad BTUs equals hypothermia. I'm wearing a pair of long sleeve shirts and I had to return home and crank up the heat. Dramatic differences between the two coasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    I just got in from running errands. It was 16°C, which when converted to quad BTUs equals hypothermia. I'm wearing a pair of long sleeve shirts and I had to return home and crank up the heat.
    Tell me about it! I've been away fishing for the last week and was virtually confined to the cottage for three days - it's mid July for Gawd's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    It's 92 F already on LI at 10am. But i swore during the brutal winter, that i would never complain and if i did i should be slapped, so i'm not?
    Just have to agree on this. One of those days gave us a heat index of 117 but the winter is still coming out of my bones. Will take this anytime before those long brutal winters, don't have air either.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!