Thread: Galaxy bike problem

Galaxy bike problem

Hi, I have the old discontinued Galaxy. Just got electrode wires back from Ergys company and they reinsulated. They worked great for a few weeks and now I keep getting error of right lower quad opening immediately upon starting after warm-up. Does anyone know how I can test this without sending the wires away again? Thanks,
    Pete, Sucks that i spent 15000 for a bike that was discontinued!!!! GRRRR

There should be a wire tester box that was included with the FES bike that you plug the wires into and go into diagnostics (insert digital key into back port on computer and turn unit on) to test your leads. It should all be spelled out in the operators manual.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by parapete View Post
    Hi, I have the old discontinued Galaxy. Just got electrode wires back from Ergys company and they reinsulated. They worked great for a few weeks and now I keep getting error of right lower quad opening immediately upon starting after warm-up. Does anyone know how I can test this without sending the wires away again? Thanks,
    Pete, Sucks that i spent 15000 for a bike that was discontinued!!!! GRRRR
    Reconnect the wire assemblies to the opposite side. If you get a LEFT lower quad error then it's probably the assembly.

If not, be sure that your electrodes are fresh. I reuse mine for a long time -- as long as possible -- but have discovered that I when I was getting open lead errors it was due to worn electrodes.

Good luck!

I have the black box that I plug the electrodes into but I don't have the key you are talking about. It just shows a plug in the back. I read the book but don't see how to get it into test mode?

You need the "Key" to get into test mode. It plugs into the jack in the back of the box. Since you don't appear to have it, try what Stephen suggested in reversing your wire assemblies to the opposite sides and if you find the error is then on the other side send back the defective harness back to ergys.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Hi Curt, Ok, found the key and plugged in. The test for the open leads came back with that side a fail. So, I swapped the wires to the other side and swapped all the ends in the test box and the same one showed fail. Does this mean its not the wires that the electrodes connect to but somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by parapete View Post
    Hi Curt, Ok, found the key and plugged in. The test for the open leads came back with that side a fail. So, I swapped the wires to the other side and swapped all the ends in the test box and the same one showed fail. Does this mean its not the wires that the electrodes connect to but somewhere else?
    Not sure if I understand you here, you mean the same side showed fail even after the wires where swapped? If so it sounds like a wiring problem before the connector that goes to the electrode harness (the wires that run the length of the bike that lead to the computer head. If you try to ride the bike and say it shuts down due to a say open left ham, if you switch the electrode connector wires do you then come up with a open right ham? If so you have bad wire in that connector that is coming up with the open error and that electrode wire harness should be shipped back to where you had them repaired for re-repair.

These things are great when they are running fine but sometimes little problems like this can be hard to diagnose. I recently had my first problem ever with my Stimmaster Orion that is 11 year old with the switch assembly and it was a open wire going to the Stop button and the left arrow button, it took a lot of time to figure out what was going on as I thought it was just the switch.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred