Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Evan was denied a scholarship...OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinfree View Post
    Hi Evensmom, I'm glad you succeeded to get the scholarship. My husband was an illegal alien when we met and the 1st 5 yrs of marriage. Growing up in the midwest I didn't understand the ramifications of this.We never received public assistance, we both worked really hard paid taxes and he even bought our first home cash b4 he could legally live in it. Im proud of my hispanic family and my husbands past. Its hard for the avg person to understand the need to leave ones own country to survive (literally). I understand your instint to protect your son. And I hope when my daughters are old enough to hear you opinion they realize you are misinformed. Just think your son may fall in love with a lady in college that used thedream act or whose parents were fruit pickers.

well said and congratulations on your successful life here
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

That sucks and I am sorry to hear Evan was denied. I, too, think it is ridiculous because there are scholarships, although minor, for people being just left-handed. Now no offense to the lefties out there but you would think for every scholarship out there, there'd be one in favor of SCIs. Especially since the wheelchair world is gaining attention. Just a thought. I hope you get some positive feedback from your Senator.